Here's how we started

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by BBradders87, Feb 28, 2013.

1. BBradders87

BBradders87 Member

I've done it about ten times since I've had the car lol so I'm getting to know like the back of my hand, any way I can help buddy jus give us a holla

2. Filthy Animal

Filthy Animal Member

Cool, if I get stuck I will do, thanks man.

3. Filthy Animal

Filthy Animal Member

Did you have any play in the pistons? I have got the head off and I have moved the pistons back and forth and side to side, I have a very small amount of play, is this normal?

4. BBradders87

BBradders87 Member

I did but didn't know if it was good or bad!!!! Now she's smoke on idle , with a smell of oil, if I'm lucky it's the turbo and a little play in the bore is no problem,

5. Filthy Animal

Filthy Animal Member

Cheers man, I may replace the rings while its out but, I really want to get some seat time in it though. When do you think you will be back out on track? I saw your videos seems like you were having a right laugh

6. BBradders87

BBradders87 Member

Yeah it's great out there , if I could go ever dwyb I'd be there, I wanna upgrade my turbo first, sort out a thew running problems as it gaslit ares some, then I'll be back up to pod, what bout you?

7. Filthy Animal

Filthy Animal Member

The car needs plenty of work and I'm getting a mortgage in the next few months so probably not until after that, I'm just going to concentrate on building it in the little time I've got

8. BBradders87

BBradders87 Member

I defo hear that mate, we'll probably be ready around the same time so il see ya out there fella

9. Filthy Animal

Filthy Animal Member

Sounds good maybe you can give me some tips as you've had a little seat time already.

10. BBradders87

BBradders87 Member

Yeah man no drama I've only ever done the the play pens and the kidney bean but I'm comfortable so yeah any way I can help,

11. BBradders87

BBradders87 Member

Think I've killed it again , today I got the new turbo oil feed fitting and fitted it, also got a smaller alternator belt, which did the trick, stopped screeching , now for the bad news, on the way back from the garage I gave it the beans and soon after I started to hear the tappet noise again..... Shit! It's also started to smoke really hard on idle! Hopefully I'm very low on oil hence why it's smoking so hard (burnt all the oil), also hoping it's not the rings, il wait til it's cooled down and try it again , the oil could have got to hot and thinned out, fingers crossed