Tags:
  1. sidewaysmobile

sidewaysmobile New Member

Hello everyone!
    New here and from the US.
    I've been into drifting for a while, mostly just watching my friends do it and now I'm looking to get started myself. I've been searching for a cheap way to get started as i am a full time student and wanting to put something together for myself slowly. I have entertained the idea of using an older datsun 240 z car for a while now, but i think I'm straying away from that idea now. I don't know enough to start doing engine swaps on those cars or any cars at all for that matter, and don't want to bug my friends to come over and help when i need it being the noob i am. But i know enough to work on and add stuff to an engine already bolted on! :D Im starting to grow an interest for volvo's, and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as to where to start. They are pretty cheap and 240's and 740's are what the talk is about on here from what i've seen. Which one would be the better choice engine wise and overall ability to slide? I'd like some tips on what mods should be done first to increase power. I'd like to get an exhaust, some coil overs, a welded diff, and whatever else may be necessary to give it a little extra punch. If anyone knows how the transmissions are too, that would be great! Thank you all!

2. adgie

adgie Member

Welcome,I love old Datsuns :D