Holset Vs Garrett?? Opinions?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Chuck_g, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Mighty_Mini

Mighty_Mini Go!Go!Auto

Also, the core of a h1 series turbo is the same as any wh1c or hx35. So it's interchangable between many turbos to create the best setup for you. I'm using the h1d 12cm2 exhaust side and hx35 compressor. Spool is immense IMO and 1.2 bar is a walk in the park for it.

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

What size turbine housing etc. Great turbos, strong as fuck, but need to make sure its a sensible size turbine and not some crazy 26cm one or something.

3. JZHILUX-THAILAND

JZHILUX-THAILAND New Member

Alright sorry to bring this back to life but i want some thought into which to buy for 1jz vvti hilux help me choose please

This is my options

HX35 Cartridge with standard turbine wheel diameter 60/70 mm but compressor wheel will be changed to HX40 diameter 60/83 mm for higher power in low boost.
    Water cooled Bearing housing.
    Compressor housing with 4" inlet and MWE ( Map width enhancement)
    Turbine housing T3 twin scroll 12 cm2 area. However, I am afraid that the header will be more difficult to make with T3 twin scroll. You should ask BangMod to confirm that he can make T3 twin scroll for your 6 cylinder engine. (T3 twin scroll will work well with 4 cylinder engine) Normally, T4 twin scroll will be better for 6 cyliner. The cost of this hybrid HX35/40 turbo will be Baht 28,000.

Alternatively, I can propose Garrett T04R with water cooled bearing housing and 360 degree upgrade thrust bearing kit for high boost application. Turbine wheel 64/74 mm, turbine housing A/R 0.84 twin scroll, Compressor wheel T04R 66/84 mm and compressor housing 4" inlet. I will quote you same price at Baht 28,000. I will provide another V-band clamp and one pair of 4" adaptor to weld on the down pipe. This T04R spec will be more efficient than Holset.