how much for a clean rx7 fc? are there even any left?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by got_s14a?, Feb 19, 2013.

1. got_s14a?

got_s14a? Member

Basically started a new job and im saving like mad to buy a clean rx7 fc. How much do i roughly need for a clean one as i dont see many for sale to gauge an idea of price. plan is to 1jz or sr20det it and just have a weapon of a road car as my current sleeper is entertaining but does not go sideways unfortunately. is there even any clean fc's left? Does anyone who have one have any advice for me for what i need to look for wheb buying one etc etc? Any help or input would be appreciated

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

I've seen clean, complete, but engineless Turbo2s go for barely more than 300quid. I would've had it myself if I had the room just as a spare.

Common they are not, but expensive they also are not.

3. got_s14a?

got_s14a? Member

Id seriously have broken someones arm for that. im dead set on a clean fc so i simply must have one! i suppose ill just have to wait til ive a few g sitting then go mental with the aforementioned plan. is there anything in particular i need to look for when purchasing one ie: any certain spots prone to rust etc etc

4. TiddlesRX7

TiddlesRX7 Member

They rust in all the usual places, but common to the FC is around the sunroof and behind the front wheels where the sill meets the arch. Also the front support bar thing behind the bumper near the oil cooler.
    You can find cabs easily enough but coupes are getting harder and harder to come by. I'm toying with the idea of selling mine but I know if I get rid I'll miss it and will struggle to get another. Mine is also not rust free but then again hardly any are.
    I can't understand the idea of 1jzing or SRing it though. You can make as much power with the 13b or more if you want too for similar money or less than you would spend doing the conversion. They arn't as unreliable as people make out. Look at Hayward rotary they offer a 2.5 year or 30k miles warranty on their engines even if its built for the track or strip.

Ade

5. got_s14a?

got_s14a? Member

Cheers for the info man!! How much would you need for yours an whats the spec? Pm me sure dude. thanks again