I have an e30 318is.. What exhaust system should i get?! HELP

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by jamesg6r, Sep 28, 2010.

1. jamesg6r

jamesg6r Member

Hi there, i have an e30 318is and need an exhaust system for it. I cant seem to find any anywhere :confused: I wonder if anyone knows of a decent system to fit my car? much appreciated guys,cheers:thumbs:

2. muhuha

muhuha Active Member

Sod the exhaust, get rid of the boat steering wheel and sort the sloppy steering! Sorry but i hated every minute of mine and nah couldnt find a aftermarket exhaust around either, you could get a custom one but costs a fair bit....

3. jamesg6r

jamesg6r Member

yea the steering is soooo slowwwww i tell you. Yea im advised that a Z3 steering rack is the perfect part replacement to make it uber zippy. Yea its sucks really, the IS is like the shunned e30 member, there are no parts for them like exhausts!

4. skylineslider

skylineslider Member

the 318is is plenty popular and theres no shortage of parts,get on e30zone if you havent already

5. lee+jo

lee+jo Member

hi guys i had an e30 325i the z3 parts is the option to go for. i had a powerflow exhaust on my e30 which was from the front pipe back and it didnt sound to bad it wasnt in ya face loud but sounded quite nice and throtty. depends how far you want to travel but there,s a company in worksop called parkside bmw. they do alot of stuff for the old e30. there's also a breakers at junction 9 i think of the m6 if this helps guys

6. Dori Hunters

Dori Hunters Member

The z3 rack is definitely the one to get if price no object. However you can get an e36 steering rack which is not as quick as a z3, but still a lot quicker than an e30 for a fraction of the cost

7. Gsinut

Gsinut New Member

First get that E30 steering rack, one from E36 will do just fine (done it on last two cars and it works very well, in drifting and in trackdays). Then get rid of that engine, V8 or M50 swap is too simple not to do that :D

8. Silverfang

Silverfang F**knuggets

As mentioned, E36 (non M3) or Z3 1.9 rack is what you want to sort first on an E30.
    The 1.9 Z3 gear shifter is another worth while mod (shorter shift and factory part!) before getting the M3 ecentric bushes on the lolipops (again this helps with front camber / castor angles, gives better feel)

I've done all of the above to my old 320i and baring the rack conversion on my 325i touring (planning to, just lacking funds!) and do have a design for the column donut replacement to fit it from E30 to E36 with this conversion.

Exhaust wise for the 318iS there is a few options which take hunting down for on Google. It's either that or talk to somewhere like Powerflow, BTB or Oz Engineering to see if they can offer anything.

Also heard swapping to a lightened M20 Flywheel and clutch setup on them does help free up the engine quite a bit and makes it more rev happy.

9. CHOCO(CAN)

CHOCO(CAN) New Member

spend $300 buy a tube bender jack up your car and just build your own. then you take it to someone and get them to weld it up for a case of beer, then you just have to buy a muffler.