Ideas n help needed!! E36 or E46

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by D.I.Y Drifter, Feb 8, 2016.

1. D.I.Y Drifter

D.I.Y Drifter Member

Well I have a couple of e36's and a few e46 3 series BMW'S but I'm not sure which way to go!!
    So could any of you out there give me some pointers as I've heard a lot of different stuff. E36 is better balanced etc!! I've always been a skyline guy and now going the bmw route is all new to me and I desperately wanna get back into my drifting now after quite a long time out of it!! So any/all help will be greatly appreciated, many thank.

Mick

2. bcartmilldrift

Coilovers welded diff hydro han brake will do you good for a bit till you get onto the hang of it again

3. D.I.Y Drifter

D.I.Y Drifter Member

Yeh I no that sort of thing mate but I'm trying to really find out which is the best car out of the e36 or the e46 to set up for drifting

4. -Tommy.

-Tommy. Member

I have owned both too.

The E36 is better. Less electrics, lighter and thus more nimble and chuckable, looks better (imo) and with less effort.

Also, if you find an early non vanos 325 the engine is a smooth running, reliable work of art.

5. bcartmilldrift

Oh e36 for definate but the e36 are going up in price an harder to get parts so alot of people are moving to the e46 but the e36 is far better lighter simpler

6. D.I.Y Drifter

D.I.Y Drifter Member

Cheers for the input guys as it's well appreciated, the one thing I'm struggling with is going about putting an e46 330 engine in it as everyone's saying can't be done or way too hard etc etc!!!
    By the way what's this single vans thing? As you can tell I'm a total newbie as far as bmw's n this sort of stuff! Lol

7. -Tommy.

-Tommy. Member

Why would you put a 330 engine in a car you already have? The time, effort, money and swearing that is involved you would have drifted and crashed your BMW until it is unrecognisable anyway.

8. D.I.Y Drifter

D.I.Y Drifter Member

Yeah I know what you're saying Tommy n I'm gonna stick with the e46 and not bother with the e36 mate