IMPORTING FROM JAPAN

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Leslie tan, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Leslie tan

Leslie tan Member

Hey Peeps

what is your experience importing cars from japan from companies like Jap west mods , Torque Gt and the lot

Bad experience , good experience . Would be nice to hear about anything =)

2. 874age

874age Member

Jdmauctionwatch are worth a shout,based in Ireland but ship cars world wide.years of experience

3. Tripp

Tripp Member

I went to visit Torque GT a couple of years ago, but didn't end up using them as I found an Evo I wanted in the UK (which turned out to be a rust bucket, lesson learnt).

Anyway, with Torque GT you will be spending more money, but you're paying for their agents in Japan to check the car properly, have it imported back, registered, MOTd, fog light, serviced... everything you need to have a car on the road. They pride themselves in quality, and it shows. Their yard is a very impressive fleet, full of pristine cars for repeat buyers. The chap I spoke to was very helpful, explained everything carefully, where all the costs go etc. I regret not using them and likely will in the future.

That being said, if you just want a rough drift car then perhaps Torque GT isn't who you want to use. It is worth contacting them and asking any questions though

4. Leslie tan

Leslie tan Member

yea they certainly seem like an expensive but very premium service .

5. Leslie tan

Leslie tan Member

i see , i havent heard about them before actually , maybe worth a look =)

6. 180Dorifto

180Dorifto New Member

I’m currently importing a 1998 Type X 180sx from GorillaImports, Josh over there has been super helpful and always full of info when I’ve been sat there at 11 at night worrying over little details. Definitely one of be better prices for import conpanies but it’s all included. You get a translated auction website you get to use as well to browse all the info to see what’s out there. Can’t say enough about how I’ve been treated, due to land in 2 weeks so once it’s all a-okay and on solid ground I’ll report back, still though, I’m anxious about every detail and it just goes a long way for each message to get replied to informatively and professionally.

On the other side, I tried to buy an imported garnish for said car from japwestmods. 2 weeks of trying to reliably talk with them, followed by them pulling them out on sale when I was halfway through a 130 mile trip to get the part (apparently no one was home, surely you’d mention that before I set off?) and after a blunt ‘sorry mate’, they’ve failed to reply to any of my messages, so unfortunately they fall right in line with what other people have told me about them. the 5% of customers saying they’re great, with the rest telling you not to bother.

Club JDM Imports is another one I’ve heard good things about.

7. s13_drift

s13_drift Member

That's good to hear funny enough I'm one those people that tried buying a car from japwestmods and got the same response which is unbelievable considering what he said he will do for me regards to the car and the service he will provide I was disgusted . Absolutely no communication from him , never answer my calls nor return them wasted 4-5 months chasing them by then I had missed all the opportunities to buy a car here locally. Was pathetic beware people. All I got was ''sorry mate ''

8. ShaunV90

ShaunV90 Active Member

I'd also look at JM Imports and Club Japan Imports. Heard good things regarding both but no personal experience I'm afraid.

9. ShaunV90

ShaunV90 Active Member

Plus there's also the site sponsor...

10. Leslie tan

Leslie tan Member

oh man , GorillaImports sounds great . I was really expecting for a company to treat their customers in that way , It is alot of money in the air.

Everyone keeps mentioning their response :smash: says load about them hahah

11. Leslie tan

Leslie tan Member

oh , is JM imports and club japan sponsers of this website . I didnt realise :thumbs:

12. Leslie tan

Leslie tan Member

ah , did you pay for anything ?? and if so did you get your refund ??

13. ShaunV90

ShaunV90 Active Member

No. I said "There's also" not "They're also"

Site sponsor is www.japaneseusedcars.com

14. Leslie tan

Leslie tan Member

ah alright , thanks

15. tomsheen

tomsheen Active Member

www.japaneseusedcars.com I havent actually bought anything through them but I was looking into it and asking all the stupid questions and they were very helpful and knowledgeable. If I can get the money together I’ll certainly be using them.
    Dunno if this helps or not.

16. Leslie tan

Leslie tan Member

Ah wonderful , would be nice to hear when you get round.

17. s13_drift

s13_drift Member

Yes I payed and refunded fully back

18. Peter4589

Peter4589 New Member

I've used a few shipping agents over the years to get my cars through to me from Japan, and it's easier for cars considered "classics" but I didn't have a lot of problems so far with moderns

Might be different for you but I'd check with the companies sites to make sure or contact them directly

here's an article I find that makes it easy for you to tell if it can be done: https://www.wcshipping.com/asia

19. Leslie tan

Leslie tan Member

Thanks for all the reply , i have created another thread with the full story but the summary is as so
    I bought a car from Japwest Mods , after paying for it and everything the deal went sour because he wanted more money to fix things that were not on the contract . agreed to refund 3 weeks ago . But still no refund . i am owed about £9199.99 . the guy doesn't seem very fuss to return the money so i need help

20. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Active Member

I have imported two cars myself from Japan. If its a drift car you are after I cant recommend Powervehicles enough.