impound un-limited

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by bua, Apr 11, 2019.

1. bua

bua Member

Common known problem, and three most important things:
    'location, location and location'

thinking ie. London, but put here any city. No option to keep track car on the street, forget fixing it there...
    Imagine that:
    There's an event, one wants to drift, so makes a call. Nice fella brings your car to the spot, you burn the rubber and lets say break a drive shaft. Fun's over.
    Mr.Problem solver from 'impound un-limited' takes your car back to their location, and you agree they'll put a new one. You can source it or even come over and do it yourself.
    All that for a reasonable subscription, now different tiers are in offer:

• car drop offs/pick ups per month within x|x+y|x+z miles radius
    • car store in rain, under a roof or in underground parking
    • optional maintenance - start/stop 2-3/month, rubber, fluids, or extras on request
    • constant live stream of your 'impounded' baby, i mean constant wherever it is, 24/7
    • x|x+y|x+z hrs on the lift a month for small fixes
    • etc
    You get the idea. Now does the 'impound un-limited' exist ?? // i know about ie. windrushcarstorage, but thats to posh, and missing few key features
    What's the closest thing, and does anyone in the field offer some reasonable prices?

ta!

ps. just curious, i've no clue on the costs of running a storage or workshops, what's possible subscription for some business like that which would make sense for them, assuming they have land and all equipment? windrush charges 250/m so above could be possible to offer cheaper rates for SLA lower tiers...

2. Mgentry90

Mgentry90 Member

So you basically want your own personal mechanic who owns a recovery truck and a workshop who is going to wait around for you to call them on pre arranged dates to say your cars in a location of an event and it’s nackered come and get it.

I think this would cost a lot.

3. bua

bua Member

True, in that case renting/buying a tow-truck and driving it myself might be cheaper, but main problem still remains, cheap secure parking + a lift for small repairs at the site.

4. thyfartismurder

thyfartismurder Active Member

this sounds like you're after the sort of service you get with those mega expensive track day cars ie: £2million Ferrari fxx unless less you've got ALOT of money or some very generous mechanic friends who have a large garage and also alot of momey its not going to work like that.

I do know of people who rent/own small/medium sized garage units as a group where they store/work on their cars, so if youve got some mates who would split the cost with you that would be a possibility?

5. bua

bua Member

That indeed would be pretty pro setup, was lucky enough to shadow Momo Porsche GT3 cup race team in Barca few years back. That was drivers dream, he just flew in, raced and head off to the next round ...
    Although check windrush - they look after your ferrari for 250/m, so their offer is not crazy expensive. If i could keep a tow truck there, and drive it myself that starts to sound like an option ;-)

That's actually more what I'm after, I don't mind to tow skidder myself, i just can't store it in London...

6. Mgentry90

Mgentry90 Member

How about those car driving experience says on buyagift.com, they are a couple of hundred quid a go I think, you get to use expensive cars too. Is it worth doing a few of these instead? Not sure if they allow you to drift though as never done one. But if they do....

7. Mrodoc

Mrodoc Member

You can buy drift experiences but if your on about using someones car for a whole day etc and using theyre tyres fuel and if you break it they fix it then your likely to be paying a premium depending what car you "hire" some people don't mind letting you take their cars out providing you pay for any damage you may cause and and bring your own rubber/fuel or pay a premium to use theirs

8. bua

bua Member

Actually did those experiences few times, and it's ok. Only annoying part is all that 'legal' stuff they need to go through and if it's not 1-1 event, you'll have whole families around they patronize whole day. Plus you don't get really that much time behind the wheel. Speaking to one of those drift schools atm, will see can they offer some 'extended' services.

9. PanozGTR

PanozGTR Member

Sounds like you'd want a setup like Powervehicles have at Ebisu. All the car storage/ maintenance at the track, so no need for transport either! Not sure if there's any tracks in the UK that drift enough to make it viable though. What about choosing your favourite UK track and trying to rent a garage/ small workspace near by? Earmark the odd weekend before an event to go prep the car, then borrow a trailer off someone who's at the same event to pop out and pick your car up. Seems to be the way it is with UK drifting, you either have space and a trailer/ truck. Or brave being a mad c**t and have your skid car MOT'd and drive it to events.