Insurance question....

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Darryl@TunerUK, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Darryl@TunerUK

Where can I get a decent insurance quote for a turbo'd mx5? 1600 euno.... its coming out the same price as an m3 when I'm looking on the usual suspects online. :no:

2. Captain Muppet

Captain Muppet Pro-tard

Don't go online, use a telephone.

Richard Eggar covers me on my MX5 turbo for about £300. Not that it'll be much use as a quote unless you also live at my house.

3. iamben

iamben Active Member

Simple...Ring Sky.

If you've delt with insurance companies a fair few times you will know how much of a twat they can be. Not Sky, i can honestly, hand on heart say, its actually a pleasure dealing with Sky.

Either by phone (they have some very attractive sounding female staff) or by PM'ing Ollie on here. Pm's are answered sharpish ie the same day, and if they have to ring you back for anything, they actually do!! i know! insurance companies that do what they say!! amazing aint it :D

Honestly, just ring Sky :)
    Oh and did i mention that their price was £300 cheaper than the cheapest price i got anywhere else?? including price compare sites and telephone calls. :)

EDIT : sorry i should correct that, dont PM Ollie for a quote, you have to Ring them for a quote, i meant you can PM Ollie on here for any problem solving, enquiries etc. :)

4. Darryl@TunerUK

Cheers chaps, I've been a company car owner for several years and it has been a while since I've had to enquire about car insurance..... also means 0 NCB

5. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

HIC have always given me great service and qoutes, 740 quid FC on a 300zx TT with alloys, exhaust, intercooler, suspension and a boost increase.
    23 at the time with 2 years NCD :D

6. skyinsurance

skyinsurance gripper

HIC are Adrian Flux just FYI.

Ben, thanks for the recommendation :thumbs:

7. GB / John

GB / John NDC Runner Up 2012

Doesn't always mean 0 NCB. If you can get a letter from company insurance to say you been insured for so many claim free years you might find an insurer to accept it or give a 3 yrs introductory NCB. I was driving on a motabilty insurance and got 3 yrs introductory NCB with swiftcover.

8. skyinsurance

skyinsurance gripper

That is right. My company may be able to help with this.

9. Darryl@TunerUK

Excellent cheers

10. mushtafa

mushtafa Member

Sky may also get a call from me, Confused . com quoted me 4k for r33 gst-t TPFT!!!

Their dearest quote was over 14K lol