Introduce yourself here :)

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by PhilMorrison, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Barky

Barky Team Triad

My name is Ricky Yau, I work for a turbocharger manufacturing company as a Turbine and Impeller Fatigue Analyst (Yep I'm your typical china man, got specs and sit in front of a computer). I have a little web site which is www.yau-racing.com

Known about drifting for a while, since 1994-1995 when I first got my S13, but until recently never been to any drift sessions. Now I've experienced it I love the feeling of going sideways and the atmosphere of the events, people are great! Like most of us, I would love to see the sport grow big in the UK along with a vast improvment of my drifting skills so I can make a living from drifting.

I'm a novice drifter and just invested in a mechanical LSD, the difference it makes is astonishing, makes drifting so much more controllable, so my advice to any novices out there is to invest in one!

My drift car is:
    1999 Blue S14A

To the all the founders of this forum, great stuff! To all the members, lets make drifting in the UK happen!

#41 Barky, Jul 29, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2004
  2. AlexF

AlexF Has lock

Hi, I'm Alex Fry from Guildford.

Been into cars as long as I can remember, racing, rallying, but didn't ever do it, just watched. Knew about drifting but didn't really follow it until recently.

After seeing D1 in Evo I wanted to find out more, and after attending a racing session at Silverstone in a Porsche 993 in the damp (oh yes :D) I knew I had to get a RWD drive car, so I found the SXOC :wave: , went to observe a ConeDodgers event, bought an s14a, and am now signed up for my first drift session in August.

If things go well I'll be entering D1 next year!

Good luck with this site, looks good!

3. Simon

Simon New Member

Simon Harris.

just really getting interested in drifting, would like to have a go soon.........

Current car is a 94 R33 GTSt with HKS GT3037 turbo and one or two other bits :D

4. LittleMark

LittleMark -NIGHTSPIRIT-

Mark Russell, from birmingham,

haven't got a " Drift car" but working on it slowly, but drive a 205 gti.

5. 20vWill

20vWill Active Member

Thought I'd make the effort to sign up and say hello...

This place looks like a nice alternative to the SXOC drifty bit, but still likely to be surrounded by S13/14 fetishists. Each to there own and all that...

Hello to all, especially fellow AE86 people and less so to the S13/14 wielding gimpage (a touch of friendly banta so don't go all defensive on me).

Need to get to more events and stop chewing up drive pinion bearings on the Corolla with my ~145hp 20v blacktop lump...

Been sideways in AE86's since I could drive but now proper drifting ups the level a little.

6. Bladerider

Bladerider Ajudged scoundrel !!

Hi,

My names James..........I like to take long baths in weak solutions of horlicks with cranberries in. :D

I believe in doing things the hard way - lol for sure!! - and enjoy drifting my 1 3/4 ton skyline round roundabouts, as witnessed by many GTROC'ers, the inhabitants of Amsterdam, one GTROC guys boss at 2am :rolleyes: lol, and a few peeps attending this years TSC !!

I have been battling with the forces of evil for some time, and it appears that I have finally won, as the skyline is for sale in order that I can expand my toy collection (news of that soon - and no, its not what some of you are expecting :D :D :D )

Currently drive:
    Skyline R34GTR 600+bhp
    Lancer Evo4 350+bhp
    Audi Allroad TDi soon to be 236bhp :D
    Merc Vitos 122bhp and 150bhp

Soon to add:
    Driftslag XXX ;) 300bhp
    XXXXXXX xxxbhp
    XXXXXXX xxxbhp

The X's are there cos they a secret at the moment !!

Seeya !!

J.

7. Dan Goodyer

Dan Goodyer JasonRobertson

Hi all,

Dan Goodyer, staff writer on Redline Magazine. Drive a Nissan S13 180SX, and the Redline Magazine AE86 Toyota Corolla D1 car.

Been into drifting for about 3.5 years now, but still haven't entered a D1 event (or practiced even!), but I have drifted the Nissan Micra R (touring car engine in the boot and a six-speed sequential gearbox, built by RML for Nissan) around Rockingham if that counts? Was fortunate enough to be a judge at Round 2 of the UKD1 (May 2nd '04). Well, I had to get my plug(s) in didn't I?! :p

180 SX is in the middle of a (very slow) build into a D1 car, and I'm looking forward to smashing it up at a drift event near you soon. Cheers! :thumbs:

8. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

Alright Dan :wave: About time you started drifting instead of taking photos of idiots standing by their blue S13s.:rolleyes: :D

9. Dan Goodyer

Dan Goodyer JasonRobertson

Ha ha! Yeah, 'cos every event I go to these 'idiots' in their blue S13's keep getting better and better!! :nod: :thumbs:

10. iKst

iKst Member

My name is Saso Kastelic and im from Slovenija. Im a student and webdesigner in my free time. My goal is to learn as much as i can about driving and cars. Wouldnt mind to become a pro driver, but i dont think that will happen anytime soon. I started drifting 1 year ago but couldnt practice alot since my car is mostly broken (your guess is right, its an s13 :D )

I try to go to every trackday i can and drift as long as i can. But mostly i drift on empty roads at night (lots of touges around here :)), because we only have 1 trackday every 2 months and i cant wait that long without being sideways.

Car: Nissan 200sx s13, 1990. Some lowering springs, buckets and racing seatbelts, 16", momo wheel, std engine. (also new interior and paintjob in progress) Its a good car and for now its more than i can handle.

11. Mighty_Mini

Mighty_Mini Go!Go!Auto

:wave: Hello, my names david day from cornwall. been watching Drifting for a couple of years, but still not got round to getting a RWD car :( still looking for my '86,hehe.

Current Car:
    Mini Clubman Estate Turbo, approx 130bhp (feels well small on these forums,lol)

Nice to join the forum, and hopefully look forward to going to some events :)
    Keep up the good work, nice site and a nice atmosphere.

Cheers Guys.

Dave

#51 Mighty_Mini, Aug 2, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  12. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Hello Dave :wave:

130bhp on a Mini isn't too shabby, mate :eek:

13. TerryC

TerryC Come On You English Pigs!!!

My name is Terry Collins who owns a S13 and after Brum has a burnt out clutch and a knocking engine still I will have to get it rebuilt. I will stick to promoting drifting to raise the profile and give all drivers an oppurtunity to drift and have loads of fun. A great sport with some great people, Keep Drifting. :wave: :D

14. Morf

Morf Active Member

G'day Terry :thumbs: :thumbs:
    BIG well done for the Birmingham Wheels event :D :D

15. Gman

Gman Member

Hi All

My Name is Graham 'Gman' Watkinson, I have been an owner of one RX7 or another for about a year now and have always wanted to start drifting. I have recently bought a 2nd Gen RX7 set up for drifting so I have no excuses now. Been a moderator on the Mazdarotaryclub for a while now but I am not a member of any teams.

16. Pulsatingstar

Pulsatingstar -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY-

Stick a pic up mate, most the TNS guys loved it at JAE.

Lee

17. Gman

Gman Member

I have PM'd one of the Admin guys as I can't post pics at the mo.

18. Pulsatingstar

Pulsatingstar -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY-

Ahh yeah probably not allowed for Bandwidth. Most forums are like that except ours lol. Mail me to me and ill put them up.

lee@mazdarotaryclub.com

19. Gman

Gman Member

I have linked them now from imagestation - can i make them appear on the forum or do they have to be linked?

20. _/_/_/M aurice

Hey guys, Maurice here from Ontario Canada. I've got myself a nice little S13a with a USDM garbage S14a motor and a Viscous LSD from an S13b. Fun to slide, but need more of course. I was thinking about getting a CA, but suspension and brakes are my priority right now.

Pics can be seen at the web address below. Don't mind the first page, its really a joke... Unfortunatly drifting in North America is full of poser kids with no money and no idea as to what drifting really is. "Dude I did this awesome drift at the mall parking lot last night" is how they usually sound.... very, very sad...

http://members.cardomain.com/anjinsan