JDM Allstars RD 1 Manchester April 17th-18th

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Drift Allstars, Jan 26, 2010.

1. scouse

scouse Active Member

+1
    I just wanted him to shut up lol

2. team.sunset

team.sunset Member

Shame si Perry didn't do better hope he does better up in Newcastle from all the lads at team sunset

3. Patrick_

Patrick_ Member

Yeah he was a complete tool. +2 to wanting him to slip.

Great day, some great drifting on display, very impressed with Luke Fink especially.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but I think Buff should have won. He was better leading and was all over Jon Calvert whilst following.

4. BDC wana be

BDC wana be AwesomefestFTW

where was remmo,vlasblom and wanders ?

5. taylor

taylor Active Member

the drifting side of it was awesome. the rest not so, some little lad sat on his dads shoulders, must have been 3 ish.. goin "daddy hes shit... hes shit"

lot of money for what it was

6. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

epic show, i did see the odd bit of random behavior. but that a side it was a awesome example and a proper crowed pleaser! shame about the few delays, but as i said to paz at the end its hard to keep the puplic interested when something goes wrong, even more so when it cant be helped.

the drifting was awesome, i was mainly there supporting Ant, and just sat was worth it. it was excellent. he was unlucky with the first run but to be honest, in the second run infront of luke, even though in all honesty luke was all over him, he still kept his cool and made just about every clipping point. i was really impressed.

i wasnt in the drivers breifing, so i didnt know what the judges were looking for, but it was clear that it was hard to judge i was glad i wasnt judging. some of thew driving was excellent, i think in the end the top 4 were the best drivers on the day, i didnt really know what was going on by the end, i was just loving the fink/chapman love in 2 ps13's i was in heaven. i didnt really see the final, i think it was steveo next to me cracking me up so much i missed it.

but it was awesome :) well done to all, it was great to see/meet some new more friends in the drifting community.

lastly before anyone else moans at me (unless you have some suspension for me) i know my ride hight is weak.

#366 Joe-sef, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  7. GrimR33per

GrimR33per Member

Also...

A well done to Luke for driving all that way from Madrid and not having any sleep.. You looked knackered mate.. Get some well deserved sleep.

Congrats to winners and runners up.. Been a great weekend, and hopefully see some off you at wembley :)

8. GB / John

GB / John NDC Runner Up 2012

I'm just back home after a 300 mile round trip, well worth it, its been a great day.
    Some strange decissions by the judges like, left a few ppl confused were I was standing.

9. Kensei Taku

Kensei Taku Member

my 1st drift event today as well, was blown away by the skills and speed, cars of the day for me were the blue m3 and mark luney's supra. awesome, also many thanks to Team Twisted for some good advice on where to get started myself. got the drifting bug for sure now. lol

10. Bladerider

Bladerider Ajudged scoundrel !!

Im so so gutted I wasnt able to make this.

Like I said to Niall - if I didnt have shit luck I wouldnt have any at all at the moment. :(( :cry:

Hopefully be fit enough to drive at Newcastle. Really chuffed for everyone that the event was a success and the drivers were on top form, just makes me more determined to get fit for the next one !!!

J.

11. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

Great event!!:worthy:

Shame Bon, Phil and Shane couldnt get out there but non the less it was still a great event!1

Well done to Jon, top driving lad!!!

That prick on the DW van!!:smash: I see him giving the monster crew mouth befor he jumped on the van and was about ripe to deck the prick then, but when he started mouthing off to every one and spitting my attention was turned to stopping Alan(manfoot) from going to kill the cunt!:wack:

12. Patrick_

Patrick_ Member

wished someone would have decked him, he ruined what was a great atmosphere. who is he anyway?

13. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

Should have just driven the truck out from under him. What a penis.

14. damo_s13

damo_s13 unknown

was a great day out and had a good time but form a spectators point of view the delays where a problem and more information as to why the there was a delay was needed. i dont think it was as good as Donnington last year but all in all i had a good time and so did the missis

15. zombie

zombie Active Member

awsome day, great driving. awsome new cars about. suspect decisions all over the place though. not really close calls that could've really gone either way but i disagree with them...decisions that didnt make sense whatsoever!

BUT amazing day anyway, also.. bryn..great pundit work as per.

Also cheers to everyone i met at the hotels/got too pissed in front of than i care to remember ect ect :D

16. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

I must admit I was tempted to push him off the van onto his head when he spat on my van, but it probably wouldn't have made him any different. He was funny at times, particularly when he said he needed to get on the van as he only had one eye, then proceeded to pull out his fake eye, then put it back in so it looked like he was looking at the back of his own head. Total prick of the highest order when he started hurling abuse though. and after he spat on my van, I think his fellow car thief mates worked out that he was about to get lynched, and dragged him off to scum out another day.

Anyway, the event was absolutely awesome. I've never seen cueing like that for a standalone drift event, and the combination of excellent MC's and the mega screen was absolutely superb. The crowd stayed right to the end too, which goes to show the caliber of the event!
    Regretably my day was ended unnecessarily. We had clutch failure that we (or I) wrongly diagnosed as a rear main crank seal failure. So we pulled the gearbox and clutch off, which is no small job on this car, only to find it was actually caused by a part of the pedal box breaking, and there was nothing wrong with the clutch at all :cry:.
    This was obviously not the weekend for the DWS15, as I also managed to blow the intercooler in half on Saturday. She was going well though after I raised the car back up which definitely does make baby jesus cry, but it stopped me from nearly dieing on every run when hitting those bumps on initiation.

17. DavidRuston

DavidRuston Active Member

cracked up seeing DWS15 lead a BMW round the track, the BMW dissapeared in a 'magician' style smoke screen completely

now you see a bmw, now you dont.

18. GrimR33per

GrimR33per Member

You did great Phil and your Car is insane!!!... Hope you have more luck next time....

19. Gymbob

Gymbob Active Member

Awesome weekend hands up to JDM ALLSTARS and well done to all the drivers who put on such a great show, I knew i should of kept those federals i sold to jon with skills like that lol.. BIG congratz to him man of the day feints FTW!

20. sideways.taff

sideways.taff - www.tafftune.com -

I think my face said it all.. I was ashamed! :D

Top event, always to be expected with JDM to be fair. Its a spectacle and a show.. captivating..