JDM Allstars Round 3-Wembley Street Drift

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Drift Allstars, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Marky

Marky Member

Lol very silly!

Great event! Lots of hard work put into it and it paid off. I thought the atmosphere was really good!

2. djrapid

djrapid New Member

Great event guys, topped last year.

3. Matt Mach 33

Matt Mach 33 Member

What an idiot, I loved the commentator's reaction though, that made it so much more perfect.

4. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

I work in London near enough every day of the week Sam. Going rate or not, it was advertised at £5.

5. mandelbug

mandelbug Member

Wow what an event. First time to a live drift event (and first date, who subsequently told me to aim at doing JDM Allstar events) :) thoroughly enjoyed the day, we both did. Will be attending more in the future.

Thanks to all that were involved with organising everything (I know from personal experience how difficult this can be) and a big thank you for the competitors in putting on the display for us

6. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

What can i say, the best event i've been to all year by far, with the some fantastic drivers :)

Congrats to Dan for a well earnt win, you was savage dude! :thumbs:

Bon's smoke and speed was turly amazing to watch, as was Phil's ultra neat tight twinning :thumbs:

Moments of the day for me where Sid doing some turly amazing wall driving, mate your my hero :)

Brillitant event, can't stress that enough :)

7. lam

lam Member

I am sorry I couldn't make it down to the event. I have no idea what happened with Will and my car. The last I heard is that he got in at 6am on the Sunday morning after prepping the car...and thats it! Not a word from him at all. I hope we didn't disappoint anyone who wanted to see the finished car.

8. Car Media

Car Media Doughnut eater

Well kinda but we let you off for building a awesome vip wagon in the first place :thumbs:

JDM allstars rocked!......

9. speedy dave

speedy dave Member

That's my third event i've seen and never been disappointed officially hooked BIGTIME, time for the skyline to be converted and get to some dwyb days :) the £25 parking was a con i spoke to the girl who was on the entrance to the club carpark and she said they had an agreement with them that it would only be a fiver on the day but when it came down to it they changed it luckily she let me on the club bit for free. I just want to say all you guys the standard was mind blowing and it was well worth the trip from liverpool to watch.

10. big fat nick

big fat nick smells

yeah, i thought the event was a good event, but the parking was appaling. Managed to get it for about a tenner about a half mile away, buy not at the york house, which i'm sure it said on here was supposed to be signposted.

The biggest problem i had was the PA. If you could hear the commentator, the crowd was at least 5 deep and you couldnt see shit> If you could see stuff (i stood at the far end and could see everything barring the wall rubbing, great place to watch, could view the whole course) you cant hear shit, i had no idea who was winning what, or even what round we were on. It wouldn't have been a great expense to add a few more speakers. Or even just distribute a couple of them along the back wall.

Not knowing who wins what, to me, means you may as well be watching a pro driver practice day!

Still, good day, long day, sunburn (damn nightwalking gingers), nice cars and it was great to see the dutch drivers, so professional, great showmen too! How tall is Vlasbom out of interest? I'm only 6foot 3 and i struggle for headroom in my sunroof equiped e36 coupe, i'm guessing the estates must have more headroom!

Does anyone know anything about the other vlasbom e36's. What spec they were etc?

11. Daniel

Daniel you wa shock

Amazing event! Just starting on my photos now, should be some up later.

Was good catching up with everyone and meeting a few new faces. Brad and Sid, you guys are leeeegendds! Actually all the drivers are! :worthy:

Watching the Top 32 from the cherrypicker after my camera died was fun too. :D

12. RikGTT

RikGTT Member

What an awesome weekend! Had a really good time, saw some really mental machines. Can't wait for the next round thats for sure! Some stupidly good driving. Sounds like we did the best thing and got a taxi instead of taking our own car and having to pay £25 :O

Loved the wall scrubbing and getting air moments, I'm still finding rubber in my hair and clothes as well lmao. Can't wait to see the footage again in HD :) Congrats to Dan Chapman for the win as well, deserved it for sure!

13. Mini_Girlie

Mini_Girlie Member

Well done to all that organised this, was absolutely awesome!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

The driving was siiiiiiiiiiiiiick - I think Johnny P and Christy were aweeeesome ... the only downside was not taking Luney's car :( after all the bribery I offered !!! :p :cry:

Well done again and Well Done Dan! :worthy::worthy:

Also Sparky Stunts was brilliant and laid down some seriously outstanding stunts on his bike supported by B - thanks for not running me over both of you :wave::p:thumbs:

14. counteract

counteract -o=me

Who was the commentator that wasn't Stiggy or Gunn?

He was calling Wander's S14a an S15, and making loads of funny little mistakes, the funniest was when he asked Jan's son (I think) who his favourite driver was, the kid didn't speak a word of English!

15. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

Bryn Musselwhite was commentating - he's a legend! He doesn't really know Japanese cars inside out like most drifters do, but he sure knows how to entertain the crowd. He's the best events commentator on the circuit by a long way!
    He was backed up by Stiggy (who was also great on the mic I thought) and various other drivers for technical chatter.

16. counteract

counteract -o=me

Yeah, they were good, but it was quite funny some of the stuff he was saying. Cool bloke still.

17. thomas_mk6

thomas_mk6 Member

ye i went to the 1 with the special attendant, also had a nato green pug 406 estate parked on it, pretty sure he dribbled on my window

think i got there bout half 9

18. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

I thogh he was crap TBH!! he didnt seem to have a clue what was going on most the time!!! I knew as i could see what was going on and been to load of events befor but to the public who have not theyd not have a clue what was going on too!! Stiggy was 10 times better IMO!!:nod:

19. LUFFY

LUFFY Member

fucking quality day, best drifting event i have been to.

the commentator was ok, was funny when he got excited when the battles started only to realise it was there practice run, happened bout 4 times i think.

Stiggy was great, very funny when he was taking the piss out of shane lynch!!

drivers of the day for me were sid with the awesome wall rubbing and brad for showing he can really mix it with the big boys! all in all there was some awesome drifting! i cant believe how much smoke bon and phils cars make compared to everyone elses, lots of POWA and MANFOOT according to the man himself!

all in all a great day, cant wait for the next one!

20. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

Yep, I was well impressed with Brad as well, he was doing some proper precision skiddling.:nod: