JJ205MI's "im not going to widebody this one, im keeping it standard!!" S14A

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by jj205mi, May 22, 2013.

1. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

[​IMG]

.........ahh shit :no:

2. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

... Well after messing about with my short lived S13 project i decided i was goin to keep this pretty close to standard, body wise, that lasted........about a month, when a little spin on a country road seen me going backwards through a hedge :wack:, was pretty tidy before then aswell :cry: damaged the rear quarter pretty bad, front wing both bumpers etc etc...... so that was about a year a go.

[​IMG]

excuse the crap phone pic,

It was an Auto, and bog standard, with 70k on the clock, was in decent order underneath, with just some surface rust.

[​IMG]

after my "wee bump" i thought about having the quarter repaired but thought fuck it il just get the overfenders on again :wack: so i saved my pennys and bought a set of coilovers, then a set of grids (all of this has been over a year btw, i just havent been on here too much lately) and sat it on its ass.

[​IMG]

i only just fitted the overfenders at the weekend there, still having some scrubbing issues, but il work them out this weekend hopefully, and get started prepping for paint beginning of next week, but this is how its looking just now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Jites

Jites Active Member

Looks like it has potential

What size of rear quarters you got?

4. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

SRB power +50mm or the rear, +20mm on the front, shouldave went wider on the front, struggling for space, 18X10 et15 all round, 245s on the back with a 25mm spacer and 225's on the front with a 5mm spacer, going to haver to fit longer studs and another 5mm spacer on the front as its still too close to the coilover! but im hanging ouit the wheel arch at the same time!!

5. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

been a while since ive updated this, got the car sprayed and tidied it up, looking alot better now. the t28 has now blown and ive a TD06 20G kit on its way. interiors next on the cards, then should be ready for some track time next year after none at all once again this year!!

[​IMG]
    i dont know who the s15 belongs to, tidy tho :smokin:

[​IMG]

decided to tidy up my engine bay started off with painting the rocker cover today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Candy apple green, pretty sweet :smokin:

6. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

Got my Turbo kit through for the car, also got myself a set of Tomei 740cc injectors, Z32 afm, ACT clutch and a Fidanza flywheel. Spent a bit of time moving the wiring loom on both sides. hopefully thatl stop the tyre killing on side and the turbo melting the other!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Turbo size comparison

[​IMG]

7. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

Then wasted no time getting it all fitted.

[​IMG]

Just need a new intercooler, and radiator then some silicon joiners etc to get it all back together. easy, cant wait :o

8. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

been a while since my last update, car is almost ready to go for mapping, still need to sort the interior but better get it running right first, running on a base map just now rich as hell, but as long as it gets me to horsham.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. bigdave z20

bigdave z20 Member

Sweet car! :) green with the bronze always goes well.

What's the opinions on the td06? Is it a good swap for the SR?

10. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

i honestly couldnt tell you yet mate, its still needing mapped so i havent had any boost out of it yet. pretty gutted tho, its just been rebuilt and it seens to be pissing oil into the exhaust, still under warranty but that didnt help me yesterday as it started as i drove 370miles to get it mapped!!

11. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

well no been on in a while, after thinking my turbo was toast turned out to be worse than that

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so ive puled it apart and decided to give it a refresh i was gona run the standard internals anyway so i just gave them a clean up the pistons were covered in shit causing the oil control rings to stick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so i stripped it all and sent the head off to be skimmed and have the valves re-cut, crank polished and block decked.

[​IMG]

the mains were pretty well worn too, no noises from the engine at all and still made 150psi across all 4 just the oil rings that were stuck.

[​IMG]

Got it back and did a bit of painting to tidy it up and this is where im at currently, so still no track time so far this year!! i guess theres always next year :cry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

Got a set of bc springs and waiting on a Cosworth 1.5mm gasket turning up, then get it back together and in the car, that "should" be a good day. not got much time due to working on everyone else's shit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Simon Skyline

Simon Skyline Member

Another smart looking project coming along nicely. Nice work so far mate :cool::cool::cool:

14. diamondsink

diamondsink Kyouto Drift

Relocating the ign amp under the wing might not be too clever when it gets covered in shit and soaked from water spray. Could end up causing a misfire.

15. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

Your right bud I did make a guard for it, I thought it was better in there rather than next to the turbo. And without cutting the wiring that was the best place it would reach. Time will tell.

16. Combejo

Combejo Member

DAT ASS.

Great looking car man - I agree with Dave about the green/bronze combo.

Subbed :D

17. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

Well my gasket appeared today, so i got my finger out and fitted it and got the head on cams in and all timed up. not much longer to go

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. NoelB

NoelB Member

Nice little build this man.

19. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

Tonight i got the exhaust side all on just waiting on inlet gaskets and plugs then thats it.

[​IMG]

20. jj205mi

jj205mi Member

All back in and hooked up, just waiting on oil arriving! next update she should be purrring like a kitten.....Hopefully lol.

anyway this is how it looks just now, almost ready to go.

[​IMG]