Joe’s Onevia – BDC – Street Legal – Carloan4u.co.uk

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Joe-sef, Feb 3, 2009.

1. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

'kin ell Joe, nice one.

It's great to see that you've really gone for it and achieved things.

2. Big Monts

Big Monts Member

Just read this on the night shift in brazil :D Any plans for engine swaps in the future? or you just gonna keep it SR? Seen this at bdc Knockhill and the Driftland grand opening looks sweet. Any idea if you're coming back to driftland next year?

BM

3. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

Cheers dude - still never forget the ride in the '86

@big monts - im deffo going to be up next year probably in the summer sometime i imagine!

4. WarrantyVoid

WarrantyVoid New Member

Read the whole thread !
    Brilliant reading man.
    Fair play for documenting it all .

Also brilliant car, and get commitment,
    good luck next year !

5. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

When i got time to sit at home and reflect i was well proud – some idots had managed to come home with some golden swag

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r225/miniJoea/A2E4163E-F177-4A87-9760-48CF693DE8C1_zpsm2t8qzqr.jpg[img]

Another positive from the round was I picked up a new turbo, to replace my smokey T25g (which if anyone wants Is forsale) the new Turbo had been supplied by Owen developments, the support and help that they provided over the next few weeks would be so valuable totally blown away by how awesome they are. And a massive thanks to our manager Gabbie for sorting that deal out! So in total i had a new host of parts, a Japspeed manifold (which I actually rate) I used one for 4 years with no issues and considering the abuse it got I think that’s fair whack) so I went for another non-equal length manifold. New lines, some new hoses and elbows, new injectors Z32 AFM, a full set of gaskets, studs etc.

[img]http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r225/miniJoea/29B44E0B-5E2E-4375-A4B1-E8768C8AE6CB-1123-0000007F60A4B580_zps7919a7ae.jpg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So hywell came over maybe chris/haydon were about around this time to – We set changing it all over, which was more of a fiddle then I thought, The turbo was set for UK S14 so oil lines and inlet was all different however with a few days fiddling and a few bits we had it sorted,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Running lovely – It worked out that I needed to go to London, and Steve from FC tuning was available at very short notice. Local to where I was going and Mr Dan Bridle was free to have a catch up to. So was a interesting weekend, Chilled with bridle, ate pizza, watched and read more about the motherland then my brain could handle and also confirmed that the way I was going with the car (D1 early 2000’s) look with a hint of 2013 was going spot on and my future plans were ideal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Took the car to get mapped fitted injectors then Went to fit the Z32 and we had about a 2 hour delay do to a slightly faulty plug on the Z32 took a while to diagnose as it was intermittent. This used up nearly all the free dyno time and money I had so I asked steve to just do something so I could at least drive it hard and not worry about blowing it up. Then the turbo outlet pipe kept popping off (because it never been driven under load until now) and yet more time was getting eaten. Managed to throw it together but there was a leak somewhere else, steve mapped it up mega safe. The result was.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So hopefully an improvement as soon as I drove the car out the garage I heard the leak from inside the car – and knew exactly what it was even what clamp jumped out and tightened it up. bam the car was fixed – so annoying didn’t do that on the dyno. It seemed the turbo was working really hard to make 1.4bar across the rev range, also the power went flat right at the top. – I believe now it will do it with ease and faster spool (not that it was slow on the graph) the car was noticeable quicker and had more kick, and braking traction in 3rd in the dry was doable Which it was not before (granted this was on 215’s but it couldn’t before on them).
    [​IMG]

So I plan on getting the car remapped when the funds recover as that was not cheap and then the following week was round 3.

I was really lucky that Hywell had brought a trailer and a awesome Jeep that was LPG we worked out it would be almost exactly the same cost for me to drive the Nissan to Teeside as it would be for him to tow it, As hywell has helped with almost every aspect of the car and knows it better then most, hes a ideal guy to have around and doesn’t mind getting stuck in! (I think he loves it really).

[​IMG]

So we packed the car up and off we went. Was a wired experience not driving it to an event – it was nice to have company, a radio, leather seats, and not a headache. Somehow it felt un natural, like I was cheating, going against my kind of eithos, however the car is and always will be staying road legal and never a trailer queen, being able to drive the car on the road even at events has helped so much over the years when I have had issues to be able to blast onto the road and back to the track to test has been usefull more times then you would think!

[​IMG]

6. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

When i got time to sit at home and reflect i was well proud – some idots had managed to come home with some golden swag

[​IMG]

Another positive from the round was I picked up a new turbo, to replace my smokey T25g (which if anyone wants Is forsale) the new Turbo had been supplied by Owen developments, the support and help that they provided over the next few weeks would be so valuable totally blown away by how awesome they are. And a massive thanks to our manager Gabbie for sorting that deal out! So in total i had a new host of parts, a Japspeed manifold (which I actually rate) I used one for 4 years with no issues and considering the abuse it got I think that’s fair whack) so I went for another non-equal length manifold. New lines, some new hoses and elbows, new injectors Z32 AFM, a full set of gaskets, studs etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So hywell came over maybe chris/haydon were about around this time to – We set changing it all over, which was more of a fiddle then I thought, The turbo was set for UK S14 so oil lines and inlet was all different however with a few days fiddling and a few bits we had it sorted,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Running lovely – It worked out that I needed to go to London, and Steve from FC tuning was available at very short notice. Local to where I was going and Mr Dan Bridle was free to have a catch up to. So was a interesting weekend, Chilled with bridle, ate pizza, watched and read more about the motherland then my brain could handle and also confirmed that the way I was going with the car (D1 early 2000’s) look with a hint of 2013 was going spot on and my future plans were ideal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Took the car to get mapped fitted injectors then Went to fit the Z32 and we had about a 2 hour delay do to a slightly faulty plug on the Z32 took a while to diagnose as it was intermittent. This used up nearly all the free dyno time and money I had so I asked steve to just do something so I could at least drive it hard and not worry about blowing it up. Then the turbo outlet pipe kept popping off (because it never been driven under load until now) and yet more time was getting eaten. Managed to throw it together but there was a leak somewhere else, steve mapped it up mega safe. The result was.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So hopefully an improvement as soon as I drove the car out the garage I heard the leak from inside the car – and knew exactly what it was even what clamp jumped out and tightened it up. bam the car was fixed – so annoying didn’t do that on the dyno. It seemed the turbo was working really hard to make 1.4bar across the rev range, also the power went flat right at the top. – I believe now it will do it with ease and faster spool (not that it was slow on the graph) the car was noticeable quicker and had more kick, and braking traction in 3rd in the dry was doable Which it was not before (granted this was on 215’s but it couldn’t before on them).
    [​IMG]

So I plan on getting the car remapped when the funds recover as that was not cheap and then the following week was round 3.

I was really lucky that Hywell had brought a trailer and a awesome Jeep that was LPG we worked out it would be almost exactly the same cost for me to drive the Nissan to Teeside as it would be for him to tow it, As hywell has helped with almost every aspect of the car and knows it better then most, hes a ideal guy to have around and doesn’t mind getting stuck in! (I think he loves it really).

[​IMG]

So we packed the car up and off we went. Was a wired experience not driving it to an event – it was nice to have company, a radio, leather seats, and not a headache. Somehow it felt un natural, like I was cheating, going against my kind of eithos, however the car is and always will be staying road legal and never a trailer queen, being able to drive the car on the road even at events has helped so much over the years when I have had issues to be able to blast onto the road and back to the track to test has been usefull more times then you would think!

[​IMG]

#766 Joe-sef, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  7. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

So Teeside, My thoughts. I struggled last time I was here with the first corner, it was maga commitment just to be even to make it around with 200bhp.

[​IMG]

People saying yeah you can do it easy on a practice day in my 120bhp beemer. The fact is at bdc you have a line and clipping points and you cant run 65psi because you wont have the speed if you want to challenge guys who are in the semi pro with 500-600hp, the infield was grand, the car is great around there and a quick spoilng turbo is beneficial.

[​IMG]

But getting a late wide initiation at the speed requires a lot of confidence in the car – something I still don’t really have. Our first practice was stopped almost instantly If I remember correctly after a crash involving a R33 and a tyre wall  which used up a lot of practice.

[​IMG]

The weather was fantastic and it being a 3 day event we were more then happy there was a good few friends at the track to so atmosphere was great, the only thing was one of the Teams limbs was missing. Matts car had suffered multiple engine failures between round 2 and 3 and resulted in no car available to drive – which was rubbish even more so that it was the Team event on Sunday.
    Alex decided he wanted to throw another box, luckily someone had a spare we could buy, And Hywel and callum with help from brad from ramp style diagnosed and Changed the box so alex could get out to quailify.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#767 Joe-sef, Jan 21, 2014
  8. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

[​IMG]

I struggled with the qualifying line I think I came in the 20’s. not the best but enough to get through, I was up against matt cousins in a Red R324 with no headlights. Now I have never seen any video evidence of the first run, so this is from memory, I have seen a vid of the second run tho. In the first battle I was chase car and as useual I just went at him full chat, however he slightly let of right when entering the big corner he went on a slightly wider “correct” line with weak angle and slow speed, I was on a slightly inner line but chinned up against him with alittle more angle, as we came into the slow section the judges wanted us to push out really wide for a clipping zone (now all the judges missed our pre battle briefing – Sweeps took it instead and he made it CLEAR that the line around this section was the most important) so I started to push wide and matt went on the want and cut the line short by miles, enough to knock his bumper off on the apex (which we were told in the briefing to leave room) however I paniced and straitened because I wasn’t ready for that. He continued his drift and I was sloppy behind so the run was given to him (which was fair enough I straitened) so I totally at blame for incorrect tactics and straitening then sloppy chase.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the next run when I was leading (which I have seen a video of) I ran a middle line on the big corner (not wide and not shallow) then I hit every clip on a perfect run from then on. He was about 10-15 car lengths behind just cruising (if I remember correctly). So matt got the win, which I was alittle annoyed about but at the end of the day I straitened on my run. Which as per the rules is a bigger mistake and that’s cool so I was out in the top 32 which as a result I was disappointed with. – However I think there is a issue in the current BDC rules – which I made totally clear my views in the briefings (more on this later).

[​IMG]

Alex went on to get to top 16 in pro I think? In pro. Then in super pro he knocked out D-mac and I think went out to perry. (sorry about lack of info on my team mates but tbh they have there own build thread :p )

[​IMG]

I was really impressed with alex’s driving.

[​IMG]

So it was on to the Team comp – We hasty got Nick Statem who knocked me out at the last round one. and we did ok, but we all struggled – alex car to gippy for our slow speeds, I didn’t have to confidence to throw it in any faster, and nicks line was a little different (and better) then mine.

[​IMG]

We got it ok then went to quaily, I threw on a new set of part worn, fired it down the strait and the car span on the first corner, tyres were ass. Just like ice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made everything crap so slow of the line I got overtaken by nick of the line and just all went wrong, so I went off on first, nick span on second and I just totally lost it on the last one car just went all wish washy coming into the last conerner I ran abit wide under steering then drove across the grass. So that was that. Watched the slide guys to Awesome, packed up and went home. Disappointing weekend all around for myself and the team. The only positive was the new turbo and map made the car much better on the big corner then last year so I knew the power was there to pull a continues top of third – I just need some confidance at high speed initiation, and you cant slow down at all because it scrubs to much momentum. – unless you have power which means you can just do anything and have adjustment on your line mid corner – which you just don’t have in lower powered cars. Alas it’s a fast improvement and hopefully will help out at lydden hill. Teeside was probably one of the best rounds for off track, everyone in the team was on par, loads of laughs some mental drift triking, which I had a go at and got burnt! Even managed to get some shoe smoke - however I was generally crap at it. I cannot explain how much fun the evenings antics were. Makes me realise why i love doing this.

[​IMG]

When i got home it was time for a chill in the only bit of summer to hit north wales in about 10 years. i at this stage was alittle tired and skint, the last month had been so expensive with the BDc round the turbo, (and more so) all the gubbins to fit it as well as the mapping, i had to take a family loan out to get it finished in time :(
    [​IMG]

so till next time i have a few mins to sort out the pictures for the next round - take it easy!

#768 Joe-sef, Jan 21, 2014
  9. jon07043278

jon07043278 Well-Known Member

Ahh summer, i remember it well :D

10. spin-king

spin-king Active Member

So cool to see how far you have come jo lad. I remember waaaaay back when you had your 100nx lol

11. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

yeah the 100nx is probably the reason i got into drifting, if i had brought a mk1 mr2 instead life may have taken a very different path!

12. Blenc

Blenc New Member

Spent the last few nights reading through - Love it! keep up the good work man!

With the wrap, how much prep to the repaired areas (bonnet IIRC) did you do? I want to wrap mine but I've been told it'll show up imperfections just as much as paint

13. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

thanks dude, its nice to know new people are still finding this and reading it!. hopefully a update bringing us to this winter should be done on sat night hopefully!

I basically got the bonnet back to the same level as if it was going to be repainted.

14. 4NDY SX

4NDY SX Team.............

Start to finish, great project dude! you've come a long way ;)

15. Fatman

Fatman Member

Just read the whole thing through… Brilliant work. Love Onevias :D

16. essexcapri25

essexcapri25 Member

what alex's build thread?

17. gibbo s14

gibbo s14 the yarco

wheres the updates on this / the new build ?????????

18. edward0012

edward0012 New Member

its my Dream Car , you can sell it online at sellanycar.com