Just your average BMW Fanboy’s Build Thread (PIC HEAVY)

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by RozeTheHornet, Aug 16, 2018.

1. RozeTheHornet

RozeTheHornet Active Member

So the Hack Engineering Billet brackets arrived, they are beautiful, make me really want to replace some interior parts with billet now...
    20201111_142811.

Fitted those to the car which I actually decided a spacer needed to be added to the outside as the weight of the stock silencer looked like it was overstressing the polybush.

Whilst under the car I noticed a downside of powdercoating your OEM parts. As soon as they get dirty they look terrible, I now really regret not getting some nice photos of the underside when it was fresh... Even all the new BMW nuts and bolts already look old and its only been about a month.
    20201112_143253.

If anyone reading this wants any E46 M3 parts, my current list of parts that I have to sell are:
    Passenger side front knuckle with brand new bearing installed
    Passenger side front knuckle no bearing
    Brand new BMW Trailing arm bushes (and bolt/nut)
    Rear subframe
    Front subframe
    Rear Upper arm (both sides)
    Rear anti roll bar
    Rear trailing arms (both sides)
    Stock M3 radiator (nothing wrong with it, just installed the Mishi one)
    3x OEM front wheels (8j), two silver one black
    2x brand new Kenda KR20 224/45/18 (still stickered)

Will be throwing all this stuff on ebay soon so message if you want something :)

The good news is there isn't much left that needs to be done to the car now. Just need to get the handbrake bracket fitted, have someone make up the AN lines and then the car is ready to be used at as many drift and track days as I can get to...

Current list of jobs to do:
    1. Fit Dual Caliper System
    2. Figure out why my boot and battery tray are constantly filling up with water...

2. RozeTheHornet

Yet another broken part needing replacing :(.

The car developed a fairly savage nocking noise last week and I started seriously considering just burning the car and claiming insurance money.

Jacked the car up again and did a full nut and bolt check which feels like at least the 6th time now, everything was tight but noticed that there was a puddle of oil under the car, then noticed that it was coming from one of the HSD's...
    20201122_142702.
    These coilovers are 2 years old now but if you follow this thread you will see that they have caused me a fair amount of hassle so far. Currently saving up to treat the car to some very spendy coilovers but will leave that till the new year probrably.

Anyway, this damper needed replacing so hopped on Driftworks and ordered a replacement for £135 which came the next day (thanks DPD)
    received_2829213287401257.

Put the old top hat and coilover base onto the new damper (with all the copper grease in the world), set to the correct height and softness and the nocking is now gone, result! I was getting worried that it may be more serious...
    20201124_155528.

At this point I am getting pretty tired of working on this car, the whole point of refreshing the whole rear end and underside of the car is to minimise the amount of time I spend working on this thing, but no matter what I replace the car always seems to find a new way to surprise me, thanks BMW.

Oh, I also drilled yet another hole in the boot (the battery tray this time) because that is still filling up with water.

Current list of jobs to do:
    1. Fit Dual Caliper System
    2. Figure out why my boot and battery tray are constantly filling up with water...

3. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Check your rear light seals maybe

4. RozeTheHornet

All in tact and covered in Mastic to be extra sure,,, Fairly confident its my boot seal at this point so might just replace it to be sure :D