JZX100 Chaser , 1jz vvti GT35R , custom r154 , used lots and maintained more

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Bolf, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

K80LFS , RED Jzx100 Chaser , big spec , big fun , BN , Garrett , ADVAN , Driftworks

Always wanted to import something , just for the experience , and seeing as the YEN is pretty weak I did a buy in Japan , and did an import. I actually wanted a MKII as the look is more to my taste , but this was offered to me and it ticked my boxes and I saw potential.

This is what it looked like in the pics ,

30hx201.
    29fyrtl.
    2zpjkw6.
    1679oop.
    2nqwr2t.

Spec wise :

1996.11 Chaser Tourer V, Repainted RedKMS:

TYRES:
    F: OK
    R: OK

SALES POINTS:
    BN Aero F/S/R
    Wide Front FRP Fenders
    Front Canards (Damaged)
    Custom Bonnet with Vent
    Boot Spoiler
    Roof Spoiler
    Aero Mirrors
    Aftermarket Exhaust
    Racing Gear Coilovers with Pilo Lower Bushed
    Modified Rear Member
    AME 19”Alloys (Rear 9.5J + 40, Front 8.5J + 30)
    Aftermarket Front Pipe with Non JZX100 Catalsyer installed
    HKS Twin Plate Clutch
    Rack Spacers
    Cusco Front Adjustable Upper Arms
    Single Turbo with Wastegate and Stainless Mani (Make unclear)
    Stainmesh Turbo Lines and Fittings
    KaaZ LSD , Final 3:9
    Large Alloy Rad
    Aftermarket Front Mounted Intercooler Kit
    Metal Suction Pipe
    HKS Aircleaner
    Full Cage with Side Bars
    Aftermarket Steering Wheel
    Digital Display in Rear View Mirror
    HD Navi (Good Model)
    LED Tail Lights
    Bride Look Reclining Full Bucket
    Aftermarket Shift Knob
    Drift Button
    Greddy E-Manage with E01 Display
    Defi Link Meter
    Defi Oil Temp, Pressure, Boost and Water Temp BF Meters
    SARD 540cc Injectors
    Uprated Fuel Pump

Paid for in December and it was snowed in , in Ebisu . So it was a hit and miss getting to the docks etc.
    It missed the first boat at the docks in Japan and eventually landed in April , was a long few months , Massive shoutout and thanks to Rob at Kleerfreight - Customs Clearance and Freight Services UK for his help and knowledge with the clearance and NOVA etc , top man highly recommended!

352p0d3.

Andy and Emily at Power Vehicles , were very good to deal with even though they were very busy with FD Asia and organising Oz trips , the car was exactly as described , They also helped me source a few parts (Kazama Auto Grill, D-jetro PFC) and sent them to me , also they sent me the defi gauges and other items from the car to save them being stolen at the docks.

1st impressions of the car was a little disheartening for me, the rear lights and aero were held on by duct tape (i'm guessing they came loose at some point) and the cars battery had died a death on the trip over , PLUS the clutch was massively harsh so getting it on the trailer was a bit of a nailbiter , the battery was so fubar that the car wouldn't tick over at all and the clutch is a HKS twin paddle , so trying to feather it onto the trailer without stalling or damaging the aero was hilarious , in the end . I just launched it and aimed for the end of the trailer on the brakes , Massive thanks to GmasterT (George Tilling) for the help and sorry for almost landing a chaser in his Range rover.

Once the dust had settled , I set about inspecting the car , I fitted a brand new battery and it ran perfectly to my relief , It did have a misfire under load , so I fitted 6 new plugs , new loom connectors on the coilpacks , new fuel filter , engine oil , filter , diff oil , gearbox oil etc in a day. Took it up the road and all was good.

The wiring under the bonnet and in the dash was messy , so I went about sorting all this out. Whilst I was at it I kept finding daft led's that were either blue or purple , the previous owner had a thing for em , i'm leaving them on why not!

261ncpf.
    Was a rats nest. Pulled out the toll system and a few other bits , swapped the JDM tyte pioneer headunit for some cash and bought the UK equivalent. Also fitted a tiny sub as I like my music.

The car is currently on greddy emanage and using a e-01 controller / boost controller , the emanage will be replaced with a D-jetro PFC and OLED commander , I have already fitted the map sensor , IAT sensor and wiring harness in preparation for this and no air leaks etc.

Underneath the car I was mega happy , no creases or crash damage , no rot at ALL , so I went on to treat the underside to £100 worth of BILT HAMBER products to waxoyl and zinc coat the vital areas.

I put some film on the headlights after a machine polish to protect from damage , and also did the fogs (which have green HID's) , I made the front and rear bumpers quick release and also constructed a steel jacking point that sits just under the lip of the rear BN sports bumper.

I got rid of the 19's as they aren't really my thing , and for now the car is fitted with ROTA torques 18x9.5 et12 all round , no spacers. Front tyres are the excellent NANKANG NS2-R (120) in a 235.40r18 size , I really rate these after having them on all the drift demo/taxi cars i've build in the past few years. Rears are a weedy 225.40r18 budget but once I've finished with lock mods and all that , some 'proper' wheels will be ordered to the right specs.
    (Have heyman 800ps knuckles and associated mods to go on once I'm used to it)

SO here is how it looks at the moment ,

dlnozb.

28ksghy.

Note the ride height is temporary as i'm waiting on mapping , if I drop it more the aero will hinder the car in the rollers. :) Once mapped , it will be lowered a bit more and aligned.

The funny thing is , this went throught the auctions , recently , remember me saying I wanted a mkII
    2lvlhsi.
    Damn , ah well.

#1 Bolf, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  2. Ross.

Ross. Active Member

holy shit that mkII is intense

3. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

AAAAAArgh! lol , Yea It is

4. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Nice spec that dude.

I bid on the MKii, was the highest bidder but didn't reach reserve. To be honest it's a pretty basic car, just looks mega. It's currently on a dealers site and would run you over £10k landed...

From my experience, having a well spec'd JZX from import will work out better for your wallet!

5. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Oh yea man , I know , I just wish you could fit the mkII front on the chaser lol , I like the sleek look , thats partly the reason I went the opposite way with the kazama grill :)

I'm happy with what I got for the money , way below what the mkII was reserved at

6. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

I much rather the MKii front and rear. I don't see why it won't fit anyway, I've seen a Chaser fronted MKii before.

If you get the chance pick up a Kouki grille. It's a bit more rounded, I put one on my old one:

C613F38D-23D1-40EB-A1EA-F5556FAC302B_zpsihmecf2z.

The difference in money for Chasers/MKii's 100's is really odd man.

Anyway, cars awesome. Will keep an eye on this!

• Like Like x 1
  7. mint

mint touch my fruit

Nice one dude, Your gonna love it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jimmy crowley

jimmy crowley Rouge Dori s15

Well this has made my day , Restored faith in the Import scene . We need more of this

9. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Yup , i live just off the a1

10. kia_tat

kia_tat New Member

Nice looking chaser!

11. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Well its mapping day tomorrow , gonna turn up early and fit the d-jetro in the parking area , make sure she runs

Also my diff needs a rebuild , got a bunch of backlash I don't want and its a bit whiney!

Also got my first drift taxi event in a week , we take members of the public out for a few laps on a basic 2nd gear kidney circuit at jap show, but it'll be a good shakedown for the car and i'll probably come away with a list of areas I wanna sort.

12. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Mapping went ok , need more fuel pressure so ordered a 450lph pump from the shop at driftworks and also ordered an aeromotive fuel pressure reg , did 400bhp at 1.0 bar and drives good.

Yesterday did a shake down at japshow , all day drifting bar a few breaks . All good . I like the way she drives!

[​IMG]

13. mint

mint touch my fruit

Theres something about this X chassis... Its just so nice to drift. Looking good mate, in for more pics though! :D

14. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Noel shot a little video of me lol

#14 Bolf, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  15. olliethrwollie

what turbo is on it?

16. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Garrett 3071 or 3076 something or other , we cant decide

17. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

[​IMG]

More pics from japshow showing up hourly

18. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

[​IMG]

Its a smoke machine.

This was doing drift taxi's at USC , was a right laugh.

Changes happening soon are , vibratechnic engine mounts , solid front diff mounts , fuel pressure reg and fuel pump (450lph) , remap to suit.

:D

19. Leno

Leno Member

Thought I recognised this at usc, looked cool as shit!

20. steveboiboi

steveboiboi Southern style!

radddddddddd