Kayak!

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by nos4speed, Feb 19, 2013.

1. nos4speed

nos4speed Member

Used to do allot of this a good few years ago and want to get back into it, I was wondering firstly do any of you guys do kayaking? Know of good places to get decent quality well priced kayaks? and secondly has anyone here transported one in an mx5, I dont want to put a roof rack on the E60 and my mexxy only has a soft top so was thinking about removing the passenger seat and wedging it in there? Anyway be interested to know if theres any fans on here.

2. saihaynes

saihaynes Member

hey bud,

go down to monmouth and river rye a couple of times a month...would love to do more but time doesnt permit it!

sai

3. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

I want pictures of you driving along with a kayak wedged in your Miata.

4. j0ns

j0ns Member

Used to do quite a bit, went along to the Nene or down to the Gower for some surf.

Not an MX5 and not a Kayak but it worked for a few miles...

[​IMG]

5. nos4speed

nos4speed Member

^ that looks secure enough! :D although newcastle to the lake district is more than a few miles but im sure enough rope and duct tape will sort it :p

6. kirbymeister

kirbymeister Member

I've got an ocean kayak frenzy and its very stable in the water and good fun down the beach in the summer. Also had an ocean kayak mysto aswell which was a bit faster trough the water but easier to fall off I found. I think the ocean kayak range are really well made and can take quite a beating. You can get them on flea bay for a decent price now and again. Would you be using it for rivers and lakes or sea or possibly both?

7. nos4speed

nos4speed Member

I never got into to trying it at sea, I liked chilling on lakes and rivers, although after I get used to it again I could be up for trying ocean kayaking. Ive been checking out ebay and there seems to be some good deals, dont know what the quality is like though, a Riber products 1 man kayak for £289 with 12 month warranty and free paddle, spray deck and 2 dry bags, seems like a good place to start off.

8. kirbymeister

kirbymeister Member

If you get the chance you deffo need to have a go sea kayaking. Its quite good fun. I've been out in really rough weather and although it can be a little scary its quite fun. Also its nice just going out and a calm hot summer day chilling. I only live about 1 minute from my local beach so its not hard for me to get the kayak down there really. I would recommend ocean kayak as a brand as they're built really well. Keep your eye out on flea bay and you might grab a bargain.