Keeping the old school vibe R32

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Darenm, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Matt1878

Matt1878 Member

Looks soooo good! I need that front end... Only one I found is so expensive :O.. Whats the going rate for an r32 gtr front bumper?

2. Olly - Sil80

Olly - Sil80 Active Member

Ive seen this car popping up everywhere lately. So good man, probably one of my favorite cars on here. I like super simple builds like this. Makes me miss my 180sx.

3. Darenm

Darenm Member

Cheers man :) iv done them big builds and found myself grow fed up of not having a car to drive so with this i had a style in mind and just mainly focused on styling Instead of swapping out the engine Ect all that will come in time once i get comfertable behind the wheel again

usual rate for a gtr front bumper is about £400 from what i have seen the bumper i have i got from japan frp replica fits pritty good think it was ¥20,000 before delivery so wasnt to bad
    I have a genuine one here that i just need to fix up and fit in time

4. Matt1878

Matt1878 Member

If you do ever want to sell the one you have on there now , let me know man!

5. Darenm

Darenm Member

Had forgot about this so time for an update i suppose :)

After alot of debating about engine choice and what to do iv decide to keep it exactly how i want it and stick with N/A

So recently i have picked up a pretty fresh rb25de and have also located a rb26 cylinder head

plan is to send off head to get work done as the front passenger water jacket doesnt line up with so needs to be machined next issue iv found is rb26 head studs are 12mm and rb25 only use 11mm so will also sort this issue

i will also skim the head as much as i can and add a thin MHG now im no wiss at this but have alot of help from a friend that knows rb's pretty well so we are gradually learning as we go on :D

idea of useing the 26 head is pretty simple really as it comes with solid lifters and itbs standard

Who doesnt love a screaming N/A on ITB's :D

Since iv been gathering engine parts iv just been getting some driving in no track days really just a local touge road witch is quite fun

[​IMG]

VIDEO ^^^^

Iv sold my vs6 also and new pair of Grenade gx-01's arrived yesterday 18x9+20 freshly painted in black but will be painted chrome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Friend done a little photoshop for me as i plan on painting the car Red soon and excited is an understatement

[​IMG]

will have more updates soon of work thats being carried out :D

#25 Darenm, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
  6. r32_doriftoo

r32_doriftoo Member

Stalked your instagram account the other day haha. Your r32 looks absolutely perfect! Keep up the good work.

7. Darenm

Darenm Member

Haha really i must go find your IG and keep an eye on your s14 build :D cheers dude :D

8. r32_doriftoo

r32_doriftoo Member

it's nightspeed_official - cheers :nod:

9. gostt

gostt Member

I love your R32 mate! The wheels look super awesome on it! I wish all thoses JDM car were easier for us in France to make them road legal....

10. ali303

ali303 Member

Absolutely love this car and what it stands for (cheap, reliable drifting etc), keen to see it on the floor with the Grenades fitted but not sure how I feel about it going red. Guessing you're going for roughly this sort of style?

[​IMG]

11. Darenm

Darenm Member

Bingo :) Doriten r32 has been the route iv wanted to go ever since i had my first r32 but never got around to it so now is the time in my opinion it is my ideal r32 and i know i will enjoy everything about it :)

put some tyres on the 18s while i await the arrival of a full set of chrome 17x9+15 gx01 :D

[​IMG]

rear suspension still needs aligning and i may be able to run a smaller spacer but pretty happy with this fitment

[​IMG]

12. -Tommy.

-Tommy. Member

This is perfection as it is mate. Nice work.

Make it cool and simple and go skidding, such a simple formula that is easily forgotten