King of Europe series announces telemetry based judging

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by fejjan, May 18, 2011.

1. fejjan

fejjan Member

King Of Europe Announce’s Telemetry Judging
    Just read this on everythingdrift.

So what do ppl think about this?

I can't really make up my mind yet, seems like it could potentially solve a few issues with judging in drifting, but at the same time stray away from the "soul" of drifting:wack::confused:

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Might help it become popular as a 'sport' rather than what most people consider it to be?

And to 99% of the spectators, it wont change a thing, as they are just there to see some mad action and dont know/care who won

3. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle In Safe Hands

Fantastic idea.
    Especially if they can pop the results on the screen for people to watch on telly. It'll really assist in helping people "GET" what drifting is actually about.

Makes sense to me.

4. angrydan

angrydan raaage

looks good!! but im glad there still judges input for style/show as we all know our eyes will like something diff to what a machine may think is good!!!

5. Nickson-Msport

Nickson-Msport Active Member

could be a good thing. we will see. you wouldnt believe how many people at japfest really didnt have a clue what drifting was about. there we so many people talking between themselves who obviusly dont know about the sport, and they really couldnt understand why they were doing it, which person was winning, how they judged it. if they had computers in the car etc etc. they just seemed very confused. although it was the drifting that everyone was loving. every drift session, the banks would fill up with a crowd. so people obviusly enjoy it, they just dont understand it lol. i think thats why its hard to get it out to the mainstream, its just to complicated. rather than a race, where its easy to see whos the winner, and whos the loser. there are so many things that drivers get judged on.