L2K Team Drift Competition. £1000 1st prize. All Welcome. DriftRacing run. Nov 24&25

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Sam H, Sep 10, 2007.

1. DavidRuston

DavidRuston Active Member

Only a short clip, but it explained the basic principle

2. currentdrift

currentdrift New Member

big thanks to everybody at the weekend especially steve(pax600)for the cossy which proved to be the car of the weekend. myself and ian would like to thank everybody involved and to say that the level of driving by everybody was exceptional and that track was mental WE LOVED IT. wed like to thank nick and sam for having us over and hopefully well see some of u guys and girls over in ireland soon. the format was great and hopefully more team events will be organised to continue with the growth of drifting in england.
    people dont realise the level of dedication it takes to organise an event like this and hopefully it doesnt go unnoticed team ireland would like to thank everybody involved from sam and nick to the girls selling the coffee THANK YOU .
    PS steve dont forget KEEP HER LITT thank you

3. cptsideways

cptsideways Active Member

Another great event guys, certainly a fun concept & the prospect of future team drift events should be cool now you guys have all got the bug :thumbs:

Certainly presented some interesting challenges on the judging front & I'll be first to admit it was'nt easy!!! we did our best, made allowances for 3 car teams etc, hopefully gave you some tips along the way too from what we learnt on the day. Team drifting is certainly a different ballgame to battle drifting, as we all soon realised, having watched some of the MSC stuff it shows we've all a long way to go but this event was sure a good start.

Would love to hear some contructive ideas about improving the judging aspects, what aspects you'd like to specifically be judged on etc. Dont forget this was our first effort for judging team drifting, I know a few offered some suggestions & constructive critisism & we are all listening. It needs to fun, competetive entertaining first. Hopefully we can all learn the experience & make future events even better still.

I'll certainly be out practicing once my car is back togther :D

Well done to the Coyne co, considering they were in borrowed cars :worthy:

4. angrydan

angrydan raaage

well what can i say!!! such a good fun weekend with some treats to skidding going on all weekend!!

team dori is cool, way cool, something could grow from this and i deffo hope it does!!! the judging was all good from where i was sitting/skidding, i cant say more about close drifting, its the way forward, sure i bent both my front wings from the sundays activities, but they where cool ways of bending them:smokin:

just want to say big thanks to sam/nick phil, all the marshalls and judges!!

big thanks to me bud jon aka beezy, after practise crash with him , we sat and talked and dude, after that beezy skidding good, made it better for me to try and sit close to him in the judged runs!! made things simple more relaxing and so much fun, seing ur face after 1st run well pleased for u dude!!

glad to have done well, a fair defeat to the irish lads, they used borrowed cars, skidded so cool, enjoyed the battles with them!!! see u soon in ireland!!:wave:

cheers again to eveyone there, made for a cold, but cool weekend of drfting and laughs:thumbs:

5. kieran_e1

kieran_e1 In need of practice

Well got home after another 13 hours drive , tired as a mofo today but hey ho was worth it.

few thing's i'd like to say

Sam ( lightning ) and all the other marshall helper folks, top work peeps :worthy: , comp and praccy ran really smooth without a glitch all weekend

We ( team lochstop ) had a fantastic weekend and a 4th place was more than we could've hoped for on the way down given that Kev has barely spun a wheel all year and i was in a new car with bog standard power , but he pulled it out the bag and we were really happy , yet somewhat dissappointed at 4th. No one to blame but ourselves for that though.

To the coyne bro's- top driving Ian:p Mark , must try harder:smash: I bet you're still hungover!!!!!

to all the other folk who shared a small tipple on saturday night , great laugh had a fun time and must do that again soon!!!

GMasterT , thanks for the lift home in Ali's car on saturday night , saved us a taxi

retrodan , you drove the wheels off that corolla:worthy:

lastly the judges , did admirably given the new format and made it a fair and honest competition , hats off to you.

nice one to all concerned almost worth driving 1000 miles for:thumbs:

6. Mattyboi

Mattyboi Active Member

Time for my thank you post!!! I`ve got five mins at last!!!

Well, i had a great night on sat with everyone, mega drunk! lol!

A big thanks to sam and royal for letting me used his ticket due to not being able to make it, to si for lending me his fire putteroutter and a MASSIVE thanks to team green for inviting me to drive in their team:worthy:

Was the first time i skidded my new car so i`m proper happy we managed to qualify third!!! I think we ended up 6th after two small mistakes.

Top work everyone who organised the day and helped it to run so smoothly, same time next year?:thumbs:

7. carters14

carters14 Member

well what can i say i luv lydd. big thanks to all who arranged and helped out:thumbs:
    matt who had never driffted with me and polo before nice driving:thumbs:
    polo leaving us on the first lap and not waiting for us on the judged:no:twat. only joking mate:D

8. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Your car was on the news fella :)

[youtube]E1_pjsFacLQ[/youtube]

9. carters14

carters14 Member

well happy with that. but missed it on tv

10. quietmouse1984

Just want to say a big thanks to everyone. Was well worth my 6 hour trip down there to watch.
    Passenger rides very pleasing as always.
    A car is now a must and practice, practice, practice. (i wish i'd been a good girl this year, santa might have put me at the top of his christmas list) nevermind will have to wait to new year.
    Also cheers to the Coyne brothers, for the drinks and laughs on Saturday night (would have been dead without them)
    Nice driving by all.

11. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

I didn't meet you. You should have come and said hello!

EDIT: Saying that, I didn't have time to say hello to anyone really.

12. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

likewise, didnt see you there! u missed out on an awesome passenger ride!

or did u see me drive and change your mind? lol

13. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Did you actually leave the track intact this time?

14. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

well i limped off the track on 3 tyres after some gay looking lunatic in a lumi vest waving at me a lot....

15. quietmouse1984

i feel i missed out on quite a bit - got a ride with polo ( i love that green machine of his), and baba, mark coyne and 2 lads i can't remember the names of, so sorry but v.hungover the whole weekend. was great cheers

i'm sure i'll see you about in the future, seen as though i've got the fella more interested now, hopefully will take the pair of you up on the offer.

16. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

there you go sam weve been offered a threesome......

17. quietmouse1984

how you suposed to say hello to someone when you don't know what they look like??? i would have loved to have met and said hi to everyone:)

polo car stood out so i kinda guessed who he was, baba has his name on his car etc

and my username quiet for a reason - not gonna walk around shouting, hello this is me. or maybe i will next time :thumbs:

18. quietmouse1984

so whens the next event??? only joking.:rolleyes:

19. lil ben

lil ben Lurker

My stalker powers might let me down but :
    5,8ish, dark hair past shoulder length and big eyes ?

20. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

ha ha

jokes aside theres a drift practice at raf woodbridge this sat coming, few us going to that.