Last DWYB of 2012 - SAT 8th Dec - Beginner and Advanced Drift day

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Lex, Oct 12, 2012.

1. ★MONKY LONDON★

★CHECK OUT MY DRIFT ADVENTURES ON YOUTUBE :) ★MONK
    Yeah and doing bloody well who had the red one with deep dishes?

2. Clive

Clive Active Member

Rubbing go pro lol if you was in a s-body with nice easy to find and cheap panels I wouldn't of lifted :D

3. ★MONKY LONDON★

lol I actually appreciate your consideration, definitely the weak point of a JZX! Can't believe I dragged my front valance all the way round and had no idea until it had split in half. Just looked on RHD, ouch:

http://www.rhdjapan.com/car-make-tande-vertex-aero-half-body-kit-jzx90-cresta-30473

£1200.00 exc shipping, with shipping £2921.00 lol. They only have DHL option but I'm sure if you ask nicely you can go via SAL but takes forever, and sometimes battered. Not sure if EMS cover such large items. And that's just the half body kit like I have which mounts to OEM bumpers! Annoyingly they have full Vertex kits listed for every JZX90 bar mine, can't imagine the price though.

Anyone make bodykits lol? Or wanna mold my battered ones? At least you won't feel so guilty hey Clive... D

4. eurospec

eurospec Member

Which one? Was three of us in red 5's with deep dish rims!

I had an ok day, understeering alot though, cant seem to sort it out :/

5. ★MONKY LONDON★

My descriptions are really not helpful, whoever it was they looked good from where I was sitting. Did you have decent tires on the front? I had terrible understeer on my first day due to shite front tires which Lex kindly pointed out, changed them over and a voila I could skid!

6. Yetidragon

Yetidragon New Member

I understeer like a bitch too. I think quite a bit of it is having sticky wide rubber on the back, but most of it is me not having the experience to get over the fact i'm under steering and working the wheel too much rather than the pedals.
    Still fun trying though :D

7. eurospec

eurospec Member

Got t1r's on the front thought they'd be ok for the level of drifting i do! Will have to try something else maybe. Ian from blackett said my car looked too stiff last time, wound the damping off some and seemed to be alot better today than it was.

8. eurospec

eurospec Member

Also, im surprised you werent on the top track yeti. Mx5's seem to work alot better on there than in the play pens! I think people spend too much time in them!

9. Yetidragon

Yetidragon New Member

Yeah, i need to grow some balls and try the big track..... just don't trust myself with other traffic yet lol

10. ★MONKY LONDON★

Yeah I'm not one to be giving drift advice but maybe put some thinner tires on the rear or up the pressures a little. If you have adjustable shocks soften the front up a little and stiffen the rear. It doesn't help if bushes are worn or your steering wheel is at a 45 degree angle like my car lol.

@ Euro know what you mean re stifness, a few cars today were too stiff or too low resulting in bouncing due to not enough shock travel for the bumps. On a smoother circuit they would fair better I reckon but tuff at pod.

Right off to bed my post count is getting to high :D

11. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

Tell the marshalls and theyll send you out with a gap. First times I went out I just drove the circuit and started skidding where I could..

12. Yetidragon

Yetidragon New Member

was running 25PSI in the front, 40PSI in the rear, fiddled the damper settings a few times to see if they would help. all bushes are relatively new (the car has been totally rebuilt in the last 2 years, all bushes were replaced this spring) I think you are right about the thinner tyres for the rear. I've just been lazy / cheap and been using the ones that came free with my spare wheels, unfortunately they are really quite grippy....

I'll get some narrower rears sorted before Jan :D

13. Yetidragon

Yetidragon New Member

i'd still find a way to get in somebodies way lol.

I'll see if i can get on when there aint a big queue next time i'm there.

14. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

Meh, I constantly get in peoples way, and others in mine. People will drive around if you spin.

15. 69rat

69rat Member

^^^ this. i feel like im always in peoples way. no one really cares. theres loads of room out there. much more than you think.

16. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

Listen to this man. I spin, people drive round me if i do and visa versa. Ive never been in the play pens. Top track ftw.

17. Malaki

Malaki Member

Yeti that mx5 looks mint! Was drooling over it from a far.

I didnt get to the pod till 3 so didnt get taken round. Saw Ian and had s brief chat about his car but he had that look of someone getting ready to leave so left him to it. Sun was bloody blinding trying to watch the top track!

Need to get an mx5 sorted so i can come play. There was a red ine with the top down and a cage in that was going for it, made me smile. Cant wait! Stupid wedding!

18. PrinceOfTokyo

PrinceOfTokyo Member

+1

my boy was owning

19. Yetidragon

Yetidragon New Member

Thanks matey :D

20. Goddaz

Goddaz Member

This one was me ;D awesome day, apologies to the marshals when i ran a reg flag.. oops
    looking forward to the new year!