Laurel C32 suspension

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by richardc-s, Mar 11, 2011.

1. richardc-s

richardc-s Member

I'm thinking of getting a C32 Laurel, but looking into the suspension on them, my options seem rather limited!

I know you can fit s13 suspension if you fit the hubs, brakes etc but I don't want to go that far.... All I want to do is drop it real low, so will I be able to do this on standard shocks and custom made springs? Or if this would be too much on the shocks, can you get hold of uprated shocks?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers :D

2. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

I've got a c32 too dude :) , have a look at SlamBert's thread, he's used a mixture of s13 and r32 parts to drop his Laurel.

3. o0o

o0o -=Proud_A31_Owner=-

i got a a31 cefiro...these were the same suspension like c32 too if i'm not wrong?
    read this:
    trinituner.com • View topic - A31 Cefiro Tech Thread
    i hope it hepls;)

4. richardc-s

richardc-s Member

Cheers for the info guys, but I dont think I want to go down the whole route of changing loads of bits over! Its only going to be a cheap build so I dont want to spend loads of time and money on changing hubs, brakes, different braces etc.

Does anyone know if custom made lowering springs woud be able to drop it without nackering out the shocks completly? Im thinking real low and stiff springs, but I dont want to do this if it will mean the shocks die in a few months!

5. o0o

o0o -=Proud_A31_Owner=-

a friend of me did it on his a31 on stock shockspring,...cutted a lil bit out, get all in car again,...testdrive and if not ok get the spring out and cut a bit more again^^
    beware of cutting too much buddy;)

6. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

All of that info refers to the C33 chassis which is quite different to the c32.