London weak skids in a carpark Night

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by S14Kami, Apr 19, 2014.

1. docwra

docwra Active Member

Most drifters wouldnt be seen dead doing that, much less being filmed and stuck on here. Im actually surprised people still do this TBH.

I dont know if youve noticed but you "implied" quite a lot by calling the thread London Drift Night, perhaps "Weak carpark donuts" would have been a bit more accurate. As for "this debate must happen a lot", it doesnt as there isnt anything to debate.

Yeah, we all have to start somewhere but if you only ever do right hand donuts youll only ever be able to do right hand donuts ........

2. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

Fair to say you wouldn't but don't know if you can speak for most? And this is just a small bunch tbh...

Already said the title is probably misleading but afaik it can't be changed?

Also said one video of one night can't be used to define these guys abilities...I'll make sure next time I'm out with them pdoing streeto to get footage of it somehow. I'm also looking to get to a dwyb day with them too so I'll be sure to film that aswell...

3. OllieEN

OllieEN Member

The met will love you for that. Don't forget to leave the number plates visible to further show how epic your skid friends are

Out of curiosity how many of them have "drifted" stickers on their wing mirrors?

4. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

Lool i may be an amateur photographer and filmer but I'm more than capable or blurring if necessary ;) and none as far as i know...is that an implication that certain stickers are not to be seen on a drifters car

I'm not understanding why so any people get worked up about this kind of thing? If someone chooses to have a mess around in a car park in front of a crowd, regardless of their ability on a track or on the street, why is that such a problem? And let's not get into the whole thing about it being illegal please! It's looked down on yes but there has been one night where police have allowed us to do it under their supervision as it was done safely. Took several meetings to sort out but it has been done...

5. DtheBUK

DtheBUK Active Member

its not really a problem. It's just a bit gay.
    Going and branding that as drifting is what most people have qualms with. It pushes the stereotype that drifters are a bunch of twats that think its cool to do donuts in carparks.

6. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

Yeah that's fair enough, again I'd happily change the title to something like "car park fun" if I could, had I known it'd spark this up I'd've probably left it off the forum altogether to me this is the equivalent to a kick about in the park if it were football! Not to be taken seriously, just a bit of fun! I guess if Drifting was more recognised as a sport (which I personally wish it was) then this wouldn't effect people's judgement as much...they'd know straight away that this isn't what it's all about...but more just a bit of fun

7. DtheBUK

DtheBUK Active Member

you make a fairly decent point actually, unfortunately drifting is still very much seen as hooliganism by joe public pretty much due to stuff like this.

Disagree with the kick about comment though, kick abouts don't tend to create bad publicity

8. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Decent streeto would be a kick about in the park.

That was more like kicking a ball against a wall in an alleyway.

9. bear.

bear. Member

This isn't drifting in the slightest, you are VERY confused.

10. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

True true and yeah that's a fair point too, you understand what I mean though in terms of the level of abilities shown and how's it's seen amongst those who do do it. Also Bears yeah we've established this wouldn't exactly be considered drifting, not gonna keep repeating myself with that lol

11. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Are you fifteen?

12. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

You have nothing more to say? Damn, at least these other guys came at me properly about the video giving a reason for not liking it...you seem to be going with the crowd, chiming in because you can! Was you the kid at the back of the class always trying to make someone else look a mug but to no avail...

13. 192_Nightmare

192_Nightmare Member

Tbh I think that's a legit question and the fact you/they are not is the worrying bit about.
    Where to start? If you wanted to get a feel for it why would you go to a meet and do it infront of so many ppl? I personally feel embarrassed for the ppl shown in this video. As for saying they've got lots of track time, anyone that is out doing this should be banned from tracks (maybe not forever). If your gonna ruin it for everyone else there should be some sort of penalty in my opinion.

14. Dantagonist

Dantagonist Member

I get it...
    I'm glad people get a kick out of a few donuts, but it doesn't do much for the true drift enthusiasts.
    It also doesn't do much for the image of drifting and we will all be tarnished with the same brush.

Saying that, I'd do this as long as it was legal as it's better than sitting in and having a wank on a Sunday. As far as I know, only one of these north london "drift nights" were legal. Certainly a damn sight cheaper than dwyb and if the limit of your ability is a donut then it's bound to be appealing.

Just wish more of the crowd/attendees would open their eyes to the good stuff, and not just rolling burn outs.

15. Broadley

Broadley Member

Congratulations on giving drifting an even worse reputation than it already has, all this video highlights is the fact that in the majority cruisers haven't a clue.
    Also anyone that sees this as an introduction to drifting is going to have the wrong idea.

16. 192_Nightmare

192_Nightmare Member

Legal in what way? There is no way this is legal.. Ever. At Lydden this weekend at a proper track during daylight hours the council imposed noise restrictions that cut Sunday in half.

17. Ross.

Ross. Active Member

Aaaahhh Driftworks, you never fail to amaze me.

18. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Fantastic name change whatever mod did that. Nice work

19. S14Kami

S14Kami Member

Police had approved of it so long as there was Marshalls to keep the crowds under control and to limit the cars in the "drift area" at one time. They came for the beginning, saw everything was under control, then left us to it. As far as I know there's another one which has been approved by them again with the same rules. Not sure on the date or where exactly it'll be but I'm sure it's sometime in may. Personally I'd see the police giving approval of it as a step in the right direction but I'm sure they'll be someone on here to chime in and tell me I'm wrong about that too...
    As far as name change, thanks whichever mod it was, not too keen on 'weak' being in there but hey I guess it'll do! :)

20. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

Yeah its all laughs till a car hits under steer and wipes out the crowd. Then it'll fuck up everything for all modified road cars, let alone driftcars and events.
    Crowds were standing a couple metres away from people doing large donuts so weren't going slow.. I'm sure there's some YouTube vids.