looking for a suede wheel + S14 boss....

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by james, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Matt_S

Matt_S SELLIN' UP!!!

Hmm, I took the boss and offered it up to the Momo wheel to make sure the rumours Id heaard about the Momo wheel not fitting the Nismo boss were incorrect...

The rumours were true :mad:

Phil, Matt - what did you do to get a wheel to fit? Or are the Sparco wheels PCD different?

2. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

coolio, any chance you could get me a quote for the Corsica or Rally wheel in suede? :)

Matt, I think Phil has a Nismo boss and sparco wheel. The the bolt holes don't line up exactly so the countersunk bolts don't quite sit flush, but it's definitely good enough to be safe and secure :nod:

#22 james, Jul 31, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2004
  3. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

I had to drill my wheel out a little originally for it to fit the hub, I've got a quick release adapter now thats the right PCD :)

4. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

Yes, I had noticed the Q-release and said to Steve earlier I wondered if they did a variable PCD adapter... Cre to divulge where you got it or a part number? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :)

Edit: This is Matt using Steves loggin :)

#24 SteveC200, Jul 31, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2004
  5. Matt_S

Matt_S SELLIN' UP!!!

Ive just found out tonight that a mate has a boss adapter for a Renault Alpine that will take the Nismo PCD and "adapt" it to allow the Momo PCD wheels to be fitted. Well I never....

Save a lot of grief. Now all I need to do is get those bloody airbag wheel side securing bolts off.... Any ideas????

6. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

you need to find yourself a security screwdriver set with a security torx bit large enough. This kind of thing:

[​IMG]

Can't remember how big it needs to be though (you need the T number) Maybe Phil stilll has his one handy for the size.....

7. LittleMark

LittleMark -NIGHTSPIRIT-

im sure hellfrauds had a mountney wheel in for cheep, the one i used to work in in sheldon mate, ill have a look 2moz and post if its still there. i have a personal one from a TVR that i " Aquired" a few years back, nice wheel its just shiny plastic type!!!

Mark

8. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

cheers mark :thumbs:

9. LittleMark

LittleMark -NIGHTSPIRIT-

10. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

cheers Mark, too shiny for what I want though. Really want a suede or Alcantara one.....

11. tee

tee Member

if im rite the the number torx head you need to remove the air bag securing bolts is a T50, i didn't manage to find anywhere that sold this so i used a 13mm socket and a very large hammer, a little while later and lots of f'ing and shouting they came off.

does anybody know where i can get a quick realease boss for my momo wheel with muontney hub? and also how much they cost aswell?

#31 tee, Aug 12, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  12. LittleMark

LittleMark -NIGHTSPIRIT-

Raid snap off kit...about 90 squids from you local hellfrauds, if not demon tweeks do them and a few other companies but all around the same price! where in brum are ya mate?

Mark

13. tee

tee Member

ooh looks like im off to halfords tommorow then maybe i'll be back with the snap off boss, but then are u just supposed to carry ur wheel around with u all the time do u get a holder/ bag to put it in?

im from walsall mate wat about you?

14. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

ok, bit the bullet and just bought one of these from Rallynuts
    [​IMG]
    It does have a large 90mm dish to it, but Mitto wants a closer one so if it's too much for me, I'll just swap for his 65mm dished one. Everyone's a winner :)

15. Ninjin

Ninjin Member

I got a couple of S14 bosses sitting in the unit. You have to make you own horn tab though... Nothing difficult though.

£40 for one.

Al.

16. LittleMark

LittleMark -NIGHTSPIRIT-