Looking for opinion on what next car to get for daily+occasional drifting

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Ylbert, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Ylbert

Ylbert New Member

Hello guys,
    I haven't really posted on here a lot but I've been lurking for quite some while and decided to finally ask a question.

I currently daily a modded e36 318is that is very much fun to drive and drift, but the overall condition is becoming worse and worse and I don't want to bother fixing it.

I'm from germany and I've been interested in importing a car from japan for quite some time now.
    The cars I've been looking at are Silvias (s13 or s14 to be precise), JZX100 Chaser and Mark2 and the Soarer (JZZ30).

The only car close to one of these that I got to drive myself, was an RPS13 but it was fully built to drift and it was a lot of fun :)

What are you opinions on how easy it is to set these cars up to drift?
    I'd love to have something somewhat reliable that won't break on the first drift day or the first time I decide to hit up a closed off road in my local forest.

I appreciate every reply to this and I'm looking forward to seeing useful input.

2. Jacob Rawa

Jacob Rawa New Member

Hey!
    I am not an expert, but
    you should just buy another e36 or e46 since you said you enjoy them, and currently they're on the rise of price and soon they will be just as expensive as any other "BudGeT dRifT CaR" Because of drift tax, and people that go by ideology "No Lowballing, i know what i have" because the car is driftable. It's fucked up that people do that because most of the time the car is just a piece of junk but they want $$$$ because they saw a video on Donut Media about the car builds and how they're taking the European Drift scene.
    It should be more convenient for you as well because:
    1. You already know the car, and already have some spare parts for it if something would happen.
    2. If it's cheap, guess what. More money for mods :D

3. Ylbert

Ylbert New Member

Hello Jacob, thank you for your reply.
    The bad thing is that e36's are on the rise like crazy already. A decent spec 325 that doesn't look like utter garbage already costs around 8-10k€.
    Generally I wouldn't have a problem getting another nicer e36, BUT considering a decently specced e36 costs as much as importing one of the japanese cars I listed I wasn't very sure on what to do.

4. jay-young

jay-young Active Member

Chaser. I daily mine and love it.

5. Jacob Rawa

Jacob Rawa New Member

Psst. there's always Poland next to you. I'm gonna give you a quiet hint that there are a couple for like $1000, $2000 ;)