Looking For Some Feedback

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by mazdachris, Aug 12, 2019.

1. mazdachris

Howdy.

Sorry to pop up out of the blue, having not posted here in a very long time. Sadly a lack of funds and the birth of my daughter left me with neither the time nor the money to pursue my motoring hobbies as I used to! Reason I’m posting today though is to get a little bit of help and feedback from this knowledgeable forum.

My wife works for a charity who have been very kindly approached by Richardson Racing, who compete in Ginetta Juniors, GT5, and British F4, with an extremely generous offer of their corporate hospitality for the BTCC finale weekend at Brands Hatch. The charity will be able to sell tickets for the following package:

British Touring Car Championship finale weekend
    Saturday 12th - Sunday 13th October 2019
    Brands Hatch

• Weekend hosted by staff from charity, plus Richardson Racing team management
    • Exclusive event, estimating maximum of 14/16 places
    • Weekend tickets for box over main start/finish straight including access to circuit (NOTE: not accessible to wheelchair users due to position in hospitality complex)
    • Fully catered*** including beer, wine and soft drinks with waiting staff on hand for both days
    • Full racing programme over two days; Saturday support races and Sunday main event
    • Priority parking passes right by circuit
    • Exclusive access to Richardson Racing paddock area including ‘Meet and Greet’ with Young Drivers (https://www.richardsonracing.co.uk/team)
    • Potential (NOTE: not yet confirmed, subject to driver scheduling changes) guest appearance by BTCC driver(s)
    • Networking opportunities with family and friends of drivers and team, and neighbouring boxes
    • Chance to bid on limited edition auction prizes from the motorsports world
    ***specific menu would be announced nearer the time but I can provide sample menu details if anyone is interested.

The reason I’m posting here is that the charity needs to decide exactly how much the tickets could reasonably be sold for – with all proceeds going to the charity rather then Richardson Racing or the circuit – and I thought this would be an ideal place to ask, given that this forum is full of keen motorsports enthusiasts.

Once they’ve decided on the price point for the tickets, they’ll be publicly available, so anyone here would have an opportunity to buy some, if interested.

Like I say, I’m really looking for some feedback on how much people think would be a reasonable price for this unique package – per head. These are pretty much all the details I have at the moment. The reason I’m not naming the charity is that they anticipate quite high demand, given that this is a pretty unique opportunity, and don’t want to be inundated with requests from eager buyers.

As soon as they’re available I’ll share the details of how you can contact the charity to make a purchase.

Thanks in advance for the help.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mrodoc

Mrodoc Member

I mean from reading the above and with they're being limited spaces (I assume this isn't available every year)

A reasonable amount id assume would be like £499? Just based on some of the events that myself/family have been too over the years - I could be completely out here but that's what id guess

3. mazdachris

Thanks for the reply.

In answer to the first bit, I'm not sure what would be happening in the future. I know both the team and the charity are keen to build on the relationship, and I think it's important at this point that it's demonstrably delivering a lot of benefit; It's a hugely generous thing for Richardson Racing to offer, after all, and I suspect that what happens in the future may be determined by how successful this event is.

But for sure, right now, this is the only one planned, and it's a 'money can't buy' kind of an opportunity.

4. Mrodoc

Mrodoc Member

Yeah I agree, if it became a once a year type thing then the exclusivity of it drops but like you say its a money cant buy opportunity so needs to be priced accordingly.

What about having a charity auction for them?

5. mazdachris

That's definitely an option. It's made a bit harder though as it's 14-16 individual tickets for one event. Having an auction where you'd have that many people in one place all bidding for each ticket would be tough. Alternatively, to offer them all up as a group risks limiting the appeal and potentially selling the tickets for far less than they're worth. But it might be that a mix of the two could work - selling some of the tickets individually and auctioning off a group.

6. Mrodoc

Mrodoc Member

I suppose auctioning off 4/6 of them would give you a rough idea of what people think they are worth?
    would then help with pricing the remaining ones at slightly above/ below what the auctioned ones go for?