Looking to chip or remap my 1994 325i m50 engine

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by N-Carey, May 21, 2014.

1. N-Carey

N-Carey New Member

I've the above engine fitted to my compact. Car runs perfect but I'd like to chip it. Every one I speak to is unable to do it cause it's the earlier non vano cast block engine. Any one any ideas?im happy with the engine so I don't want to upgrade it. I'd like to delete the airflow meter, lambda sensor and raise the rev limiter. Any info would be muchly appreciated

2. turbokick

turbokick Member

AFAIK Non vanos M50 were produced until 1992, although whatever is the year of its fabrication I can't see any reason for a decent mapper to not be able to remap/chip it. But being a NA engine with no major mods you shouldn't expect big gains. However M50 Non vanos has the best head for high rpms - it has doble valve springs, 7mm valves (vs 6mm on M52), more agressive cams.
    M50 has ECU Bosch, which is much easier to change the chip, because the chip isn't welded (like in M52's Siemens).

#2 turbokick, May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
  3. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

If you're going to delete the MAF are you going to run a MAP sensor only.
    Is the stock ECU cool with that, does it not require any other mods, just a remap??

4. Brownie888

Brownie888 New Member

Bosch ecus are nice ecus to map, what's the numbers on the ecu and I can let you know the easiest way to map it. I wouldn't do a maf delete on this as theres no map sensor and the lambda sensors are narrowband so the ecu wont be able to change its fueling to suit the outside conditions. I should think with a map you'll probably get about 5-8hp on a good day if you run v-power with increased timing and optimise the fueling for mbt and take out the lean spots for emissions.

5. Daddy_D

Daddy_D D1 street king

You can get chips on ebay for around 30gbp and they are replica of well known maps. Also the fact that the chip is not soldered makes it very easy to swap.
    [​IMG]

6. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Want it done properly , Speak to Enda.

EndTuning - About

He sorted mine its a 730i auto ecu , but now runs a M62 4.4 on the original wiring and managment.

Guys knows his bosch