Lumpy at 2500rpm

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Driftlodocus, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Driftlodocus

Driftlodocus Member

Hello all,
    im currently bedding new rings in my ca18det, everything was fine ive just installed new strut braces and put the bumper on properly and now its like riding kangaroo :euge: On idle it revs to 2500rpm then drops then back up to 2500 and so on. when driving, its constant no matter what.

I think it is the afm as its an N60 and its been hard-wired in. would i be correct in assuming this? on idle it dies if i touch the wiring.

It has been fine for the past week when i got it back on the road

Suggestions would be greatly apprecieated :worthy:

Thanks

2. initiald200sx

initiald200sx Member

if touching the wiring the wiring makes a difference, then its probably just a dogdey connection causing intermitent resistance through the cables giving false readings to the ecu, but as with most ca's it could be lots of things, the idle control valve on mine played up once and also check everywhere for vacume leaks by spraying easy start or just wd40 round very connection and listen for a change in revs. sounds stupid but took me ages to realise my dump valve was leaking casuing all sorts of running issuse which become worse when other things fail as they allways do on ca's
    hope that helps mate

3. Driftlodocus

Driftlodocus Member

Thanks mate, i isolated the wiring on the afm and secured the terminations. its runing fine...for now. thanks for the input mate.