M20b27 drift build

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Xavier Parker, Sep 11, 2017.

?

Which forced induction option should I use for my m20?

1. Turbocharger

100.0%
  2. Supercharger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Xavier Parker

Xavier Parker New Member

Hello Driftworks.
    I'm new to the community and I'm looking for some help/advice. I'm currently getting into the auto sport community. I have a 1st Gen mx5 (daily/autocross) as well as a 96 Ford mustang (rebuilding the v6 engine to get the car on the track.). But that's beside the point. I am wanting to start my research into building a drift car. This is not something that is on the main burner at this point. I have somewhat of an idea on what goes into drifting and I know it doesn't take much to start of.
    Currently I have two old m20b27 engines. One of which is salvageable (blown head), the other not so much (piston 1 somehow exploded in the cylinder killed the head) that ones more for spares. With that I might possibly have access to a transmission, but it's not guaranteed. Forced induction is planned, but down the road. I'm planning on rebuilding the engine in preparation for boost even before it's added.
    What I'm looking for now is a little more guidance on this like specific part options, transmission options, and chassis options. I'm still inexperienced in the performance side of engine building, but I again have a slight idea. I'd like to see about an M20 swapped ae86. Again just a thought.
    Please. Help a brother out.