Mad Mike - Crown range.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by 4ever_sideways, May 5, 2013.

1. royal

royal S1- F.T break!

I love the behind the scenes vid. He's proper tanking it on some of those sections.

2. oli_the_thread

I noticed that and thought the exact same thing, unless he runs different wheels side to side? I can't see why they wouldn't just change the tyres?

3. H05TYL

H05TYL Member

Most likely time, or lack thereof. They will have had a limited amount of time with the road closed and wanted to make best use of it.

Plus in some shots there are skidmarks on the road already and in others there are none.
    Still awesome.

4. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Horrible edit, fucking amazing drive and road though, bet that was SO much fun.

5. tbtstt

tbtstt Member

Echoing the previous comments: incredible road, mental car and I assume a very good driver... but with the hectic editing its impossible to tell.

Raw footage version please Red Bull!

6. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

This got me too. At least ken block keeps the wheels the same when he makes a tarty vid.

Could make the vid a hell of a lot better with just a few million less cuts.

7. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

98% of the people that see it won't care about continuity, overlaid sound, linked corners etc... they won't have a clue about drifting :)

8. dustyjake

dustyjake Member

What a waste of my time, seriously shit editing and it doesn't at any point show the driving involved its all jumpy mid-skid shots with a fistful of super slow mo thrown at it. What a Letdown

9. Garrett_T25

Garrett_T25 Member

Redbull are obviously looking for positive PR, rather than virtual handjobs from online fanboys.

10. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Stop crying and watch the 'making of' video instead as its much better.

11. Munkul

Munkul Active Member

Both videos are a good watch. The "making of" vid is deffo better though.

No idea why there is so much hate on this, its a mental car, great driver, awesome road, and quite a few cool camera angles. The one with the heli coming up behind the car is pretty neat.

The car looks and sounds like it's SO much harder to drift than your average 6cyl turbo or V8 engined car that everyone seems to be driving these days.

12. dustyjake

dustyjake Member

No hate. I just think for a production team the size redbull would have assembled to produce this a first year media student could have done a better job putting all the footage together.

13. LilAndy94

LilAndy94 Member

Was a good video, although it's a shame there were black lines there already. I kind of expected a Tanner Foust type video.

14. H05TYL

H05TYL Member

Foot cam supports this theory:

Compare that with Fanga Dans V8 (DIfferent track, but you get the idea).

15. Ste333

Ste333 "The Shoulder"

Well from the footage, it doesn't look like he's going that slow in places. Clearly he's not going to just go out and do the whole thing without some form of practice run.