Mallory Park almost lost for good!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Sea Squirrel, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Sea Squirrel

Sea Squirrel Jeff Mills Is Watching!

Right, for those who don't bother looking in the 'other events' section this is a serious piece of news.

Mallory Park is in danger of being lost to us as drifters due to people not attending the days. If Bob doesn't get 20 people minimum booked up for the 24th of August this track, the best full track available in the UK for drifting, will be lost for good. As it says in the thread I've linked so far the average attendance has been 7 cars per session! Anyone who's not been yet this is your last chance to attend most likely so get your arses in gear and head to the best track day in the UK at the moment!

I've now travelled a total of 1200 miles to attend the 3 Mallory days I've been to and it's totally worth it. You will get more track time here than at any other venue in the country and learn more car control in this 1 day than in 4 months of streeto.

Get along to it! The BDC weekender will happen again, Mallory will probably not. If you've got a choice between the two then go to the one that's in serious danger of being lost to UK drifters. You'll get more track time anyway and it's a more challenging track! I know they don't coincide but if you're tight for money in August and can only do 1 event that month, whatever else you were thinking of doing DO THIS INSTEAD!

That is all.

Edit: That's not to detract from the BDC Weekender. If you can do both then do both as it'll be wicked. If you're umming and ahhing about it DO MALLORY! SAVE THE TRACK FOR UK DRIFTERS!

2nd Edit: Never mind, Jason's already done a link. Just delete this thread.

#1 Sea Squirrel, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  2. Suprash

Suprash spl dori mater

I haven't done Mallory park yet but I know it would be a big shame to loose this track, any idea why the attendance is so low?

3. Rads_s13

Rads_s13 DWYB & DRIFT TAXI

I failed the last 2 time thanks to car issues after shows. but am intending to go to the august one.

4. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

Amazing track. Sadly, it's the day after my trackday at the 'Ring so I'll be coming home.

5. Skiddly Diddly

Skiddly Diddly Rehabilitated

Check the dates dude, there's no clash.

6. Sea Squirrel

I think some people have the mindset that, as Pod costs 60 quid, £60 is what they're going to pay for drift days and that's IT.

The reality is you get even more seat time at Mallory than at Pod and, once you're past the play pen stage (even if only at Kidney level) you can still go and learn something at Mallory.

I think some people have a falsely imposed mental block about doing a 'real' track as an improver drifter too. Maybe budgets don't run to a days testing at Mallory mid season. Whatever it is, this is the time people need to put aside their reasons and excuses and get along to it!

Pussy! Drive home that night! :D

I know dude, but some people will be having to budget to decide between the two and I'd encourage them to do Mallory this year.

7. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

Lack of advertising and mostly weekdays is what will do this in i'm afraid. :( Could be interested to come along and watch, maybe have a go in the auto chaser to see how it does.

8. docwra

docwra Active Member

Lack of working car for me - I went to one of the early ones and it was awesome - unfortunately it was the end of my bottom end too :(

99.99% Ill be at the August one though - best track in the country for drifting :nod:

9. revlimit

revlimit Media Click Yo!

get to mallory and drift peoples its an awesome track..
    [ame=http://www.vimeo.com/9769284]Relax to Drift - Mallory Park on Vimeo[/ame]

10. Sea Squirrel

Get to Mallory folks!

There's a corner for everything: high speed to downshifting, slow speed to up shifting, long wand entries (Nick will show you where :p), manji areas, basic clutch kicks...

even everyone's favourite topic of the moment:

[​IMG]

BACKWARDS ENTRIES!

You want to practice a part of your drifting? This is the place to do it.

11. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

i deffo want to do this at some point. looks perfect for me TBH. i just need to know ill have a car at the time otherwise its £90 ill never see again.

12. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

I was looking into doing Mallory park, but it is quite expensive I think, in comparison to Pod :(

How does it compare to DWYB days at Pod then? Worth the extra?

13. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

Duh, its a race track, its not expensive. If youve got the balls you can do 120mph entries into Gerrards. Can you do that at Pod?

14. ducatichick

ducatichick Drift Spice

:wack: Pod you drift around cones, track drifting will teach you more :nod:

Pod is ok, but it's no track by any stretch of the imagination

EDIT: oh and yes worth the extra! + some more!

15. OptiBull

OptiBull > > > > > > > > > >

It's about 100x better than dwyb FACT!

16. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Fair play! Well I haven't even done pod yet, so I gotta do that first then build myself up to this one then lol!

:thumbs:

Haha, sounds awesome!!

I won't be up for this one in August (already doing two skid days), but perhaps later this year if indeed it doesn't get closed down? :confused:

So another question boys, which is better in comparison to Mallory vs Llandow? :D

17. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

if it doesn't close down then ill DEFINATLY come some one in the future..

infact when's the closing date for booking the august one??? i'm back off holiday on the 9th. is that too late?? if not ill come along for a skid skid!!!

18. Jason

Jason Nurse?

hold on a minute... this is the whole point of this thread 'yea ill prob do one later in the year' .... and then people wonder why tracks close down and stop drifting due to lack of numbers??

19. royal

royal S1- F.T break!

Such a shame so many people are too scared to do anything more than drifting around cones at car parks :( These Mallory days are incredibly cheap for a track day and just need some more tyres. We need to stop all the rubbish about needing to be an expert to drift on a track. All you need is some common sense to not do the bits that are beyond your skill level. Man up people, get some balls!

20. skodabarat

skodabarat Member

You people should appreciate what you have. So many awesome tracks, don't let them close for you! People in other countries would give anything to have venues like you do...