MALLORY PARK HELP - E petition

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by bigbellytom, Mar 8, 2013.

1. hosmob

hosmob Active Member

I know mate, 55db, that's an electric wheelchair

2. diamondsink

diamondsink Kyouto Drift

I can fart louder.
    Posted to our FB page.

#22 diamondsink, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  3. ali303

ali303 Member

"This had not been a controlled race meeting, just an opportunity for loud music, and for young people to slide, skid and drift their noisy cars around the circuit at high speed.”

And we all had a fucking good time.

Signed.

4. -sideslide-

-sideslide- "ent it"

Its the same as when I was riding 4x(push bikes) and they closed 2 tracks because of noise levels from the PA system that was around 14 days a year :(. Everyone wrote letter ect but it got no where.

The track got closed then all the local kids when up and built unsafe shit,set fire to everything and drove motor bikes and cars around the jumps

The air field that used to run driving experience days, few track days and testing days close by got loads of stupid rules imposed on them till the day the owner gave up and sacked everyone. Soon after the local pub, petrol station and cafe when bust as no one had a reason to go there any more. Due to the place lying empty. It didn't take long before the saxo corsa crew managed to get it didn't take long for someone to get killed and burned out cars getting dumped on there.

5. Elmo

Elmo .................

Signed it. By the sounds of things the track will never be used for drifting again though.

6. el_bandido

el_bandido Member

Invite the local police down for a couple of free drift days, I bet they would love it. Then when you tell the locals to piss off they are less likely to evict you :D

7. mint

mint touch my fruit

Signed. Even tho I live so far away; I have had the experience of drifting Mallory and I really enjoyed it. So much so Im itching to go again!

Its a shame that this sort of thing could happen. Look at my work, Aircraft operate obviously low level over head above Aberdeen on a daily, hourly basis. The noise emitted from an EC225 or S92 is insane. The noise actually resonates through the wall's in my office and its left me with a constant 'drone' now from 7 years of listening to it. I cant imagine what it would be like for ramp workers. Even my mates complain about the noise of them flying over everyone's houses etc.. Would that get shut down? No; because there's big fucking money involved.

Alas.. Until the older generation die off this shit is going to keep going on all over the place. Sad times. :( Good luck folks.

8. tokyo-ben

tokyo-ben Active Member

signed,but now i have read that and they are never going to let drifting there again:euge:

9. Scoobystu

Scoobystu tag-less

signed shared ect...

if the goverment could put a tax on race days they would never shut it down.
    hmmmm race tax ? ?

10. dustyjake

dustyjake Member

So basically from reading the letter from the neighboor that doesn't like dogs there is a strong implication that the complaints have only arisen since drifting started on the track, simple fact is we are seen by the pompous and self righteous as teenagers irresponsibly sliding cars about.. way to fear what you don't understand you old cnut! ;) also there's a nice give away that residents have been browsing this forum itself looking for details on not only awesomefest but any Mallory threads, so I would like to say hello to the man who hates dogs and invite him to join the forum so he may better understand that what we do is a sport like any other.

11. hosmob

hosmob Active Member

FFS, do you people actually read what the issues are, complaints didn't start because of drifting, complaints are due to the amount of days the circuit is running, yes drifting has stopped, so has Motocross, and the number of events have had to be reduced, christ, the Festival of 1000 Bikes which is the main event of the year at the circuit is under threat because of the noise of the old bikes.

The villagers haven't got a downer on drifters, so don't be so paranoid, they are not out to get us, they are basically out to get the circuit, which will have an impact on all forms of motorsport currently using the venue, and in financial terms when they reduced the amount of days the circuit could run in 2012 that automatically stopped drifting as we cannot afford to pay the rates they can get from trackday companies for the limited number of days they have for hire during the year.

The management at the venue did everything they could to help drifting, and bent over backwards to get aproval for some of the stuff we were allowed to do at Awesomefest, the fact that the villagers picked out our event to complain about in 2011 was basically bullshit as most of the complaints aimed at us actually related to other events that took place before and after AF, and the circuit did all it could to get us a date for 2012 but in the end had to cancel our dates for 2012 and 2013 due to pressure from the council, but as we can see from the meeting notes this basically had no effect on the complaints in 2012 and now even their major events are under threat for 2013. Oh by the way, the major complaint for AF was nothing to do with drifting but was for the noise from the campsite !!!!

Bit of a rant I know but I am gutted for the circuit and the effect this is having on all motorsport, as once this happens at Mallory Park, people elsewhere will see that the locals have won and start the same thing at other venues, does it not concern everyone that once Croft lost to the locals, this then started at Mallory and the same thing is happening at Pod and other venues around the country.

#31 hosmob, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  12. docwra

docwra Active Member

Has there been an increase in usage recently?

The annoying thing is that the moany residents dont seem to accept for even a second that it was a racetrack before they moved there, using a one off event that youve agreed not to do again as a reason to reduce all activity this far is ridiculous.

Im sure youve tried the angle but will any of them actually accept that its an important part of UK Motorsport, not to mention the local economy in that area? Or is it just a case of bloody mindedness on the part of the residents? Theyve obviously had meetings, they cant all be swivel eyed hardliners, some have to appreciate the histoy and value, surely?

EDIT: You need to shout that last paragraph as loud as you can Bob, hav you spoken to Autosport, or even rivers that have raced at Mallory coming through the ranks? An F1 or BTCC driver would make a hell of a spokesman ....... and would get a lot more publicity than aforementioned swivel eyes.

#32 docwra, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  13. hosmob

hosmob Active Member

No, they basically want the track to go back to the original 90s plan, which makes operating the circuit non profitable, yes the circuit is running more events, all circuits are due to demand and the need to turn a profit, it's dificult to find common ground when the circuit needs to hold a set amount of days and events to turn a profit, guaged against the villagers who want the numbers reduced back to the original agreemant.

14. oldroydsr4

oldroydsr4 Member

I know its slightly immature, but I would have love to have seen the expression on the faces of the anti mallory residents when Awesome fest came to town.

LoL

No more race transporters - just slammed cars painted in lairy colours, held together with zip ties and driven by 'youths'.

The fly on the wall probably had a right giggle.

15. docwra

docwra Active Member

I hate to say it but I can probably see their point then, we have a similar situation with a village pavilion here - the parish council member that lives right next to it is the grumpiest bastard ever and its constantly on the bring of being shut down due to one persons moaning ...... but rules is rules, even if only one person gives a shit about them :(

I think you need some heavy duty backing, are MSA or BRDC getting involved? Its pretty clear that once youve got over this problem you are going to have to renegotiate your original agreement ...... unfortunately the other side proposing 55dB suggests they dont have a clue what they are talking about :(

The usage on the main road outside my house has increased 20% over the last 7 years, is unusable in rush hour and has seen 16 deaths in the last 5 years, but rather than sort out real problems like that folks like to waste their time on racetracks that were there before they were.

16. TheUrbanTiger

TheUrbanTiger Nickbradydrift.com

Signed! This kind of thing is so frustrating. I've had this shit all my life with locals moaning, they didn't like us bmxing when we were kids coz it was dangerous for them to walk past our 'big jumps'! Then every decent motocross track we raced at got shut down because of noise etc, and now it's race tracks! Unfortunately this is England now, a nation full of do gooding moaners. No wonder it's fucked!

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2

17. nos4speed

nos4speed Member

Get a big bunch of very loud (but legally loud) cars to do a few laps of their village to really show them some noise =P you never know a few back fires and ya might finish some of the old twits off!

18. magicmat

magicmat Active Member

19. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

We're already getting hate mail from bikers blaming us for shutting down Mallory. I'm doing my best to not reply to these morons as they are clearly as stupid as the people that made the laws that listen to these residents.
    We've posted the e-petition on our Facebook account. If people can reply to it and share, it should go quite far and get a lot of signatures.

20. mint

mint touch my fruit

Really?.. :/ I would of thought people with similar interests in motorsports wouldnt be pointing fingers at others.. instead, band together to help.

Best of luck folks. I'll do my bit where I can from up this end.