Mercedes C230 Kompressor

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Stavros, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

some good work there mate, im needing to do more remedial work to mine ( discs,pads, tyres and rear tension rods) before i mod it, already got a filter and exhaust on it now, but with the dump valve making it run like utter shit :( really need to try and get a new bypass valve

2. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

Class win on the traction control loss. How does it feel with the new front ARB?

3. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Hard to tell so far, only done about 200miles, mostly all motorway, but deffo feels better.
    Bilsteins made the biggest difference, but the car feels sharper and more stable when cornering at very high speed especially since the ARB.

4. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

Ideal. Just a quick question. Where are you getting these suspension tweaks. Ie the billys and arbs? And was it expensive to do what you have done so far to the car.

5. Robbs

Robbs FRANTIC

awesomesuace on the traction control, may have to look at clk's again then :thumbs:

do you think it would be easy enough to wire a switch up to the abs plug so you could turn it on and off at will ???

6. FreddieS

FreddieS Active Member

You sir are a fucking winner!

Right, C230K as a daily it is :) now wheres my wallet!

And thats some epicly nice power gain from simple cheap mods! superwin!

7. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Done a few hundred more miles with no TC (in rain and dry).
    Open diffs fucking SUCK! The standard traction/stability things HELPS you go sideways with an open diff, as it brakes the spinning wheel a little rather than cutting power totally, evening out where the power goes, getting the back out nicely.
    With an open diff and nothing it just spins one wheel hugely and doesnt go sideways anywhere near as easy!
    Gayness, hugely. Dont know how anyone lives with open diff shit, need it welded or magicly LSD'd somehow ASAP.

Also, needed a new alternator belt as think mines stretched (making the alternator rest on the ARB slightly), but got lazy looking for one and just bought a different sized pulley which comes with the belt = More boooost. That was like £165 delivered I think.

Not hugely cheap, normal Billy and Eibach prices, but there wasnt much choice, and it transformed the car.
    But the engine preformance upgrades so far has cost me literally zero as its been shit I found in the shed etc.

Easy I'm sure, if the switch effectively cut the wire, itd do the same job. Im just leaving it off, the cars not at all twitchy or unpredictable so even driving quick in the wet its dont need TC anyhow, just use your driving ability, like the good old days, lol.

On a related note, you can get C43 AMGs cheap as fuck if you want a autoboxed 180mph car. Seen a v.tidy one thats recorded on V-Car for 2.5k!
    Also, im 99% sure the E55AMG engines are a straight bolt in swap too for C43s too... (same basic engine, same dimensions, etc, just bigger capacity and a big ol supercharger if you get a later one)

#67 Stavros, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  8. Paster

Paster ....

That was the one thing I hated on my 325i, to the point i was screaming at the car everytime it started spinning an straightening up :wack: Gets you proper mad init haha. Really like what you have done with the car, keep it up :thumbs:

9. Car Media

Car Media Doughnut eater

Slightly of topic but how did you get on with this company VIEZU? Genuine interest as posibility of doing some business with them :thumbs:

Cheers
    Dan
    Pm if you like

10. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Decent guys from my experiences so far.
    Remapped 2 cars I have dealings with, both with very good results, and deffo good and professional with regard to their rolling road and helping their dealers on the phone etc (ive been there in the tech office for a couple of days so hear what they get up to etc).
    They very knowledgable to the ins and outs of remapping different tyres of standard ECUs, especially the pitfalls and things to look out for on certain ones- Things I've never heard of before and bloody important if you was remapping, thats for sure.

If you are looking to be a remap dealer, they seem perfectly fine from what I've seen.

11. Car Media

Car Media Doughnut eater

12. Robbs

Robbs FRANTIC

not having traction control ever doesn't bother me at all as far as im concerned traction control can fuck off :D, its not having abs ever that bothers me a little as im a bellend and tend to brake hard and late on occaision and had a few idiot moments in the wet in cars i've had with no abs :wack::wack:

yeah i once tried to look into doing a manual conversion on a c36 using a manual box from a c280 as they both have m104 engines so i presumed everything might bolt straight up, but as usual couldn't find much info apart from the usual merc forum lack of information and someone commenting on a thread somewhere on a forum that the ecu will shit itself but not really much more info as to why and maybe how you could overcome it.

found these coilovers for the w202 http://www.xyz-auto.co.uk/products/...:-MERCEDES-BENZ-CLK-W208-4-CYL-:-97%2d02.html ever heard of them ? any good you think ???

13. mati

mati Member

14. playworker

playworker Member

It's drive-by-wire throttle so it's probably via the ECU, not simple to remove.

Pre-facelift ones don't have traction control so dunno if you could use an earlier ECU or something like that?

15. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

any updates dude ? you fitted the new pulley ?
    bought an m62 to port and im thinking i may keep the car and see how far i can push it.

16. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

New pulley dont fucking fit, too small, prob for a SLK or something.

Found where I can get a 3.92:1 diff from for 100quid so thats next up, buy that and get it welded then fitted.

Then fuck it, HX30 on my turbo manifold I reckon, doubt there a single point in the rev range where the supercharger will give more boost...

17. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

how far out is it ? not get it machined ?
    tbh i would prefer a turbo version, i always though superchargers would be awesome but feels a bit more like a damp squib as standard

Where did you get your turbo mani ?

18. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Not checked totally, just a quick tape measure job in the dark, but about an inch out, way too small.

My one is pretty decent with the 226bhp/240whatever torque, but it not fast enough for me and still needs revving hard for decent performance. Turbo, even at the current boost, will be loads better.
    My manifold is an old (but new, never used/fitted) Mosselman Turbo one from when they used to do the conversions.

Need to get the grinder out and cut all the front to shit for a decent IC too I think.

The diff will help- At the mo it spins right through 2nd all too easy, but changing up to 3rd and it bogs.

Also fitted 20mm spacers to the back which improved the looks loads.

19. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

hmmm, fancy selling the pulley kit ?
    im just gonna keep mine and mod it till it goes pop, i think.

20. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Yeah, easier than sending it back to Germany, lol