For Sale Mercedes clk 2.3 supercharged w208 - Low mileage - £1500 ono - PRICE DROP!

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by Chesh, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Chesh

Chesh Member

Hi guys, just throwing up what I've written for the ad so far just to get it out there. Looking for £1700 £1500Ono.

Up for sale is my low mileage 2001 Mercedes CLK 230 with a very rare manual gearbox.

The car is generally in extremely good condition. I don’t think there’s any rust anywhere on it. Everything works, the paint is in great shape and the interior has obviously been well looked after.

I’ve owned this car for about 8 months now and have put a few thousand miles on it going back and forth between Bristol and Bournemouth. During my ownership it’s been faultless, and has returned very good mpg despite its 2.3 supercharged engine. The picture of the trip computer shows this, averaging 32mpg over the past 3k miles. This is all country roads, not just sat on the motorway. I have actually managed a few 80 mile trips at 40mpg driving carefully.

You can see from the mot history that it’s had a very good life, and this car has nothing to hide. The owner before me had it for 8 years and only got rid because he treated himself to a Porsche. The MOT is due in March, and since its last test it’s only done about 7 thousand miles.

There’s a very slight blow from the exhaust (I think, it could just be me hearing things) which might need sorting before the MOT in March, but apart from that I have absolutely no doubt it will fly through the next one. There’s also a very slight crunch into second when the car is cold. This goes away when the car is warm, and would probably be sorted with a gearbox oil change.

There are plenty of miles left before it’s due its next service, as per the photo; 3200. Service A is a minor service. An engine oil and filter change and then check fluids and pads etc.

- 2 keys
    - Full leather interior
    - Climate control
    - New tyres after last mot
    - Mot until March
    - Service book has last service in
    - Rear parking sensors
    - 6 CD player
    - Original stereo
    - Good spare wheel
    - Original first aid kit
    - Mercedes handbook and service book
    - k&n cone filter with silicone elbow putting the filter as far away from the engine as possible.
    - intake restrictions removed. Along with 4hr filter it makes a lovely whine.

Bad points
    - Possibly a slight blow from the exhaust
    - Speaker grill on drivers door has fallen off (Still have the grill)
    - Gearbox oil could probably do with a change as per Mercedes’ 40k mile recommendation.
    - Very slight scuff on rear bumper
    - Engnie management light is on just due to the oil from the filter. It doesn't change the way the car drives at all so didn't bother fixing it. Have the original air box if you wanted to put it back on and also have a spare maf you can have. I don't have the original air filter, but if you like I can fit one before you collect.

These make really capable drift cars, take a look at stavros' project thread. It's the same engine and basically the same car. https://www.driftworks.com/forum/threads/mercedes-c230-kompressor.133270/

File1.
    File2.
    File3.
    File4.
    File5.
    File6.
    File7.
    File8.
    File9.
    File10.
    File11.
    File12.