Mercedes SLK 2.0 Kompressor, Matte Black, 6 speed manual!

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by SunilWRX, Nov 29, 2013.

1. SunilWRX

SunilWRX Member

Sold!!!!!!!

2002 Mercedes SLK 200 2.0 Kompressor

Really reluctant sale, love this car but got a baby on the way so needs must.

Its a great track/drift car or just fast road like I have been using it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In summary the good bits;

Its a Mercedes, so well built, everything works as it should.
    Tax and Tested
    6 speed manual, rare in a Mercedes , great gearbox and clutch
    Power hardtop roof that folds into the boot at a touch of the button
    Leather interior , seats in excellent condition no rips or tears.
    Looks great in matte black the shape of the car really pulls it off.
    Recently had new brakes all round , new stainless goodrich brake lines.
    Fresh brake fluid, engine oil, diff oil, antifreeze basically all fluids.
    New oil filter and fuel filter.
    New aux belt
    Propshaft bush
    Air con removed for more power (who needs aircon in a convertible?)
    Modded loom to remove z connectors
    Inlet breather jets renewed with new items
    Engine bay is immaculate.
    Undersealed , mint underneath.
    Good on fuel
    Comes with a welded diff you can fit if you fancy (std 2.3 Kompressor diff fitted at the mo)
    Supercharger is loud! Whines and sounds like jet plane at full chat. Gets loads of comments on it as its sounds so unique.
    Its quick , had a couple of tear ups with my friends E30 3.5i and Clio 182 and it more than held its own. handles like a go kart , would be awesome round a track.

Bad bits;

High miles (230k) Didn't bother me when i brought it as the engine runs sweet , no knocks bangs smoke or anything and it pulls hard in every gear. One of the best engines i have driven, power through out the rev range, sounds immense and surprisingly good on fuel when driven sensibly with the six speed box. Can pick an engine up on ebay for £250, in the unlikely event the engine did let go, so not a major wallet buster worse case .

passengers front wing rusting underneath. Looks fine from outside but long term its going to need replacing.

Its too low and hard for a road car with the roads around here. Brilliant on smooth roads and would be awesome on track or drift but I would like it a little higher for the road.

Paint job is very presentable but not mint. The roof was still gloss when I got the car and the very front of the bonnet seems to have been rubbed back slightly, I have started wrapping the roof but it need finishing off. I have the expensive 3m wrap here to finish it all but haven't had the time. Might get this finished if i can get access to my friends workshop again.

Rear bumper has a burn hole from the exhaust. Was in two minds whether to leave it , cover with a heat shield or get another rear bumper. I decided to leave it as I think it adds a bit of character to the car, I prefer the used rough around the edges look rather than the clean concourse look.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wish I could keep it and finish off all the plans I had for it but with a baby on the way Im going to need more seats and not sure how much spare time /cash Im going to have, so gotta get a bit sensible for now.

Open to px/swaps, can add cash for right car.

Only want £2000 for it as it stands.

Call/txt 07764449880

#1 SunilWRX, Nov 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  2. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

What suspension?

Cut springs?

3. SX_BIG

SX_BIG Active Member

which wheels soes it come on mate?

how much tax n test left?

4. SunilWRX

SunilWRX Member

Front is on cut springs i believe.

Rear has some CLK lowered springs and shocks.

Black 17's
    MOT till mid Dec, Will get a fresh one next week though
    Tax till end of Jan i think.

5. DouglasB

DouglasB Member

Px on an auto omega CD with 70-71k on the clock, open diff. Skids badly in the dry but funny as hell in wet? (2.2L and an 02 plate)
    Everything works perfect including the luxurious heated seats for the winter :) I realise you may think this is a joke but I'm serious. Great daily cruiser for work or something like that and its got both winter and sports mode :D

6. SunilWRX

SunilWRX Member

Doesn't sound like it would be for me. But Pm me some pics over as you never though.

7. SunilWRX

SunilWRX Member

BTTT

New rear tyres and fresh MOT this month.

8. DouglasB

DouglasB Member

Sorry I've not sent you the pics yet mate but the gearbox switch was playin up shortly after I messaged and driving with it like that has made my clutch start slipping. In short its on a downhill slope and not wanting to give over a heap of sh*t to someone :( thanks anyway!

9. hebbs

hebbs Member

Swap for BMW e36 hellrot red full coilovers running on corvette c4 polished wheels? Mot December 2014 and 6 months tax.

10. SunilWRX

SunilWRX Member

maybe Hebbs send me some pics via PM

11. bexxxhill

bexxxhill Member

we have a 320 SLK - lovely cars. would def make room for this one if the drive would take another car lol GLWTS

12. SunilWRX

SunilWRX Member

Thanks mate.

BTTT

Open to offers and swaps!!!

13. bexxxhill

bexxxhill Member

can't believe this hasn't been snapped up!!! I've asked around down my way for you...

14. SunilWRX

SunilWRX Member

Thanks again mate. Think its the high miles and crappy weather putting people off. Had plenty of swap offers but nothing that I really fancy , to be honest i have been picky as I dont really wanna get rid lol.

We had a little bit of sun yesterday so i put the roof down and went for a b road blast, car was sounding and pulling so well in the chilly air I was loving it.

Tax is up this month, will take £1800 cash for it right now or will be 2k again once i tax it. Also will be doing an oil and filter change this weekend or next to keep it nice and fresh.

15. SunilWRX

SunilWRX Member