Mike Gaynor BACKWARDS ENTRY - British Drift Championship Round 2 @ Pembrey Circuit

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by CrabsterDrift, Jun 10, 2013.

1. mint

mint touch my fruit

Yeah but at no point in that entry did Mikes car just 'stop' like your trying to describe in the example. Slow down yes.. and as it slows down, the chase car slows down aswell.. As their job is to get as close as they can, with either increasing, or decreasing speed..

I get that you shouldnt slow down during a backwards entry but I mean it happens.. I don't understand why your still pushing this dude?

2. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

I'm being asked to explain so I am? Its really not my fault if people don't understand it is it,

The reason I am asked to judge is because I understand it better then the avarage person and understand it more technical then it may seem.

I will no longer push it as you say, its not for me educate people.

3. mint

mint touch my fruit

Drifting.. is basically Ice Skating though, Its all this additional 'technical' stuff that ruins the fun.. :)

[​IMG]

If it looks cool as fuck, no one got hurt, and people had a good time.. then we're golden! :D

[​IMG]

^ See this dude.. No fucks given.. no judges present.. no mental lock toys.. just loads of commitment and loads of fun! THAT is what its about.. :p Although, I was bricking it when he drove my chaser haha.

#63 mint, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  4. superclarkey

Well, my greater understanding is what has made me always do ok and have a business doing it, so yeah maybe when I build engines instead or learning and doing things to massive detail just smash it together because its more fun? Sorry I do t share your attitude but as I say I was a head judge for a reason, and Ibe judged at IDS (Germany), DRIFT OPEN (Poland), Jdm ALLSTATS so you would think I don't just talk shit.

I've had this the whole of my life things that seem really Elementary and basic to me that are staring me in the face other people just can't see, it true lot frustrates me, don't get me wrong, I have been wrong but that isn't very often, and I wouldn't be arguing this unless I knew it to be a fact.

I could prove myself right and do a simple animation and graph to show how starting at the same point on equal deceleration would cause a impact unless the car is moving a min speed, second a car stalls/stops which it does because its changing direction and if you was to watch from a birds eye view the car would look to only be moving 1mph its occupying the space for too long, if the car is too close at the start there paths start, if your a few car lengths back there wouldn't be a problem but that's not what we are talking about, if your on someone in a proper drift and the car stalls.

Anyways not going to waste any more of mine or your time.

Bye.

5. mint

mint touch my fruit

Got ya man ;) I wasnt doubting your ability to judge, my point was more so.. who give's a shit? :)

Let the man have his moment, he did something decent which entertained people.. i.e. the point.

#65 mint, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  6. docwra

docwra Active Member

Fuck me, arrogant much? :eek:

Fair play for having faith in yourself but Id consider putting shit like that out into the wide world myself .........

7. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

Classic. :D

8. Car Media

Car Media Doughnut eater

We did say to mike to go sensible in battles, but the lad only has one speed bless him, I have discussed the entry with clarkey he agrees some of his earlier practice runs were perfect but inappropriate for the battle, we got marked down for it but hey that's drifting :D as a team we like doing crazy stuff like painting bons car on comp Sunday :D lol I think it's just the extreme amounts of hype that frustrates superC as most people clicking like don't see or care that its technically wrong, mike knows it wasn't right but fuck it made us laugh a lot!

9. superclarkey

Don't you start lol.

10. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

All this thread proves is how easy it is to take all the fun out of drifting.

11. superclarkey

I am a fun killer :)

12. MeZ

MeZ Member

It gets that way but because people can't take an opinion.

EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION.

Further to the point people mis interpret opinions because
    a)they have an invested interest in the subject (friends/sponsors)
    b) Because they dont like the person that is having the opinion.

Not ONCE has anyone said YO MIKE YOU FUCKING SUCK DUDE....... NOT ONCE.

But so many dudes have interpreted Clarkey's/ who ever spoke out against the mainstream view opinions as ATTACKS.
    It doesn't prove how anal Clarkey is, it proves how close minded a lot of people are.

Everyone makes the reference to Figure skating (only once in this thread but its a common theme) I hate it because they're correct in assuming Figure skating would be a bitch ass politically correct competition. But making the correlation to drifting is scandalous.

Drifting and Figure skating only share one thing. They are both judged. What differs is the whole community surrounding the 2 sports are polar opposites. Figure skaters have a set "This is the good maneuver/ Thats shit/ Should be this technical"

Drifters don't

In drifting the aim of the game is to push your style to the limit. We're not all meant to have THE SAME STYLE which by what you lot are dictating in here by shutting down any one who has a different opinion are doing. The way drifting has evolved is down the "we're wannabe race car drivers" route. Which is fucking stupid because it doesn't hold true to what drifting is at all. Why has it gone down this path?

Everyone started dictating on what was cool and closed the minds of their own.

Take skateboarding. Yeah you have your Street League comp which you could transfer to drift as being the "FD pro dudes" but theres this whole other scene beyond that, where dudes doing different shit are given props.

Now dont get it twisted im not saying just do something different and you will get props! It has to be original it has to be out there it has to be DRIFTING. A lot of guys go on speedhunters and get the mod list for having a cool car, those dudes have no style about them. They just copied some other dudes steez

All Clarkey said was thats not a backwards entry and via your close minded comments he has posted further explaining himself.

What no ones allowed to think differently around here?

And further still you guys all blind yourselves by playing the "Keep Drifting Fun" card where there can never be a difference of opinion ever.

I should stop harping on but i expand on what i have said in this blog i typed up "Keep Drifting Real"

#72 MeZ, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  13. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

looks awesome mike cracking stuff!!!! i'm up for some backwards practice on monday.

oh and all the people saying he's lost loads of speed. no shit thats pretty much how it works with going backwards. when i tried it at anglesey you'd go from 80 down to 20 in a matter of seconds with the amount of time your letting off. i think unless your trying it at massive speed on a massive corner its gonna be hard work to NOT make it look like a stall.

14. MJG

MJG Active Member

Yeah people do need to let Clarkey have his opinion. However stubborn he comes across he strives for perfection and my run was far from it so unless people acknowledge that he will continue to be wound up by it (and I can see what he means). All I know is it was hilarious and has made for some crazy pictures!

Keeping the drift fast is the next thing to aim for once you've found out how to recover from spastic angles (what... 160deg rotation?), so that's what I've still got to learn as well as distances etc.

One thing though, I wouldn't call it understeer if you're still oversteering around a given corner, it would wash out the whole car at once. Only when the front of the car points away from the direction of intended travel would it be understeer. In my case I'd say 4 wheel sliding is more appropriate. Since no steering points to 160deg of angle, any kind of backwards entry will always have front wheel slide. My car is set for quite a lot of front end slip/rear end grip and as such you'll see several pics of my car going round a corner and when I make adjustments the front wheels end up going straight for a bit before winding countersteer back on, I like to pretend I'm driving an Audi Quattro at Gatebil! Haha.

Ed - Definitely! Not sure how well backwards twinning would work but 15 cars on track means we've got loads of space to try stupid stuff :D

15. royal

royal S1- F.T break!

This. I can see where you're coming from Clarkey and agree to some extent but I also think you're so caught up in trying to make people understand that you're missing half the point yourself. Under/Over/Whatever; I dont consider understeer when the back is sliding as well, all four wheels sliding is cool anyway imo! all that really needs doing is keeping it faster at the end which sounds like it was near impossible on that corner anyway, a bit more under/over/pedal and it'll be sweet :dw:

16. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

Mike there letting 5 out at once. I won't be trying it when twinning. Not got the dollar for that ATM.

17. MJG

MJG Active Member

Yeah but 5 on FCD means quite a gap :D I'll be practicing it when there's nobody near by.

18. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Videos Boys ;)

19. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

Yeh I'll take the go pro. You'll have to take us out mike. The back straight should be long enough to have it into the big corner. Will be a steady pace that :D