Minty.Fresh Boosted Altezza

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Pete_the_Russian, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Pete_the_Russian

Yea, will take the car to wallace sometime in september I think.

I got it from a chap who bought it off Craig, was really looking forward to fitting it :(

Locking collars from japan - Ikeya Formula Rear Member Spacer Toyota
    JZX ones wont fit since they have a slightly different subframe layout.

Kinda in the process of making some solid subframe bushes for the car to raise the subframe.

2. Donkey!

Donkey! Member

looks like the bild is coming on nicely... i must admit i have a soft spot for these..... good luck!

3. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Man what an awesome project thread:thumbs:
    Good work all round, car rocks, I'm loving the route you're taking with it:thumbs:

Where are the tention rods from?

4. Pete_the_Russian

Cheers dude. The tension rods are by KTS. Found a set on ebay for a relatively reasonable price (Il have a look for some now and stick it up) They make so much difference to the self centering. Running about 8.5 castor at the moment and its pretty insane!

Work is going slowly though, should pick up in the next couple of months hopefully.

Dale, you still up on getting some shortened hubs sorted for me? Been putting off fitting the Cusco arms since they wouldnt last long with the current uca height :D :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KTS-FRONT...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2ec6bdca37

5. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten to be honest. I'll try and sort them out over the week man:thumbs:

6. ElkWörks

ElkWörks Member

im assuming this is the 2.0?

ive got an is2, and it deffo needs more grunt. but theyre fantastic cars, and I really really like what you've done with this one.

top work.

7. Pete_the_Russian

Yea man, 2.0 beams powaaaaaa:euge:. The turbo adds a fair bit of torque and I guess at my current skill level its more than enough. I think the balance it just right.

They are very solid and planted when sideways. I love it to bits :wack:

8. kahl91

kahl91 New Member

nice to see a nice mid sized sedan carving its own rights passage on the black top, Ace build!

9. Pete_the_Russian

A little update after the last weekend. Went to Driftland for the second time

[​IMG]

And actually had power steering at my disposal this time round. Made things a bit easier.

Queueing up got the nerves going a bit

[​IMG]

Was a really nice layout with which I struggled to begin with. But after a few runs got a hang of it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cam sensor was causing all sorts of problems throughout the day and the engine was cutting out in crucial places.

Just noticed how happy the facial expression is in this picture... Driftland is pretty awesome!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the last run of the day, I got a little too carried away and flopped it big time on a transition on the straight....Ended up missing the wall and ending up going up on a bank. As some people have said that I had a 'VIP parking spot' and that I had a pretty decent 'hill climb' vehicle. Cheers guys :)

The only photo I have is this: (There is a video that hasnt been uploaded yet though. Thats gonna come soon)

[​IMG]

Demon tweeks carabiners suck....dont ever get one

[​IMG]

And the aftermath

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmmmmm, cable ties arent gonna work here

[​IMG]

After a couple of hours...Getting slightly better

[​IMG]

As I have said before a few times...You win some, you lose some. New backbox = win

[​IMG]

Taken earlier today.

[​IMG]

Dedicating this weekend to getting it back into shape again and ready for more abuse next month

#29 Pete_the_Russian, Aug 9, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  10. Khmer

Khmer Guest

wheels in the frist pics... are they prodrive wheels?

11. Pete_the_Russian

My skid rims? Some cheap ass nissan wheels I got ages ago :) Or are you on about my road ones?

12. Pete_the_Russian

Had a busy weekend. Car was mainly is this state

[​IMG]

Finally fitted the boot wing...But messed up the paint once again...Needs painting for the third time

[​IMG]

Mint was doing all the work while I sat there and took pictures :wack: cheers dude ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which came out something like this (Could have prepped it much, much better....but I just couldnt be fucked since its only gonna get smashed up again)

[​IMG]

and this

[​IMG]

Which made it go from this

[​IMG]

to this

[​IMG]

Then the following day took a hammer to the sills and got them back out enough to hold the sideskirt on

[​IMG]

painted the wing once again

[​IMG]

Also found out why my alignment didnt go back to normal after the little 'off' I had......bent knuckle :o

[​IMG]

So everything is almost back to normal....apart from the boost problems im having. Hope its down to a simple boost leak

13. Matthewlyndon

Matthewlyndon Member

Car sits niccccee!

It's good to see someone having a go at one of these!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and it would be cool to see some videos! I will keep checking back at the thread!

14. MercTurbo

MercTurbo Member

Very cool car, I see mr Sadler worked is magic on the ecu, does it run a piggy back system?

15. Pete_the_Russian

Runs a standalone Apexi PFC and yea, Steve did a pretty good job on it :)

Cheers man, I wish there were more of these in UK. Part availability isn't too great and its a bit of trial and error at the moment with the setup.

Videos should come soon, I hope. The ones that we do have are on tape....so need to get them on a computer somehow :D :D

16. Khmer

Khmer Guest

[​IMG]

these rims.. you fuckin dork.

everyone knows what nissan rims look like, wtf is wrong with you?

17. Pete_the_Russian

Hahaha, easy now! Be more precise dude :D

Um, those wheels are by a company called 'Raze'...personally I have never heard of them until I bought the car.

18. Khmer

Khmer Guest

i stand by what i said. don't care about the fact that i spelt it wrong.

any idea what diff you have?

whats the diff code on the build plate? at the end of the trans code it should be a 4 coded something like a01b etc. would have been on the diff itself when you puled it out.

#38 Khmer, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  19. Pete_the_Russian

My chassis code said that I had an open diff from factory. So I replaced it with a welder. After about a year, I decided to weld up the diff I took out initially and found out that it was a torsen. So I really have no idea what diff I have in there at the moment. I am soon getting a welded IS200 auto diff

20. Khmer

Khmer Guest

i want the code.

more precisely, the first letter and the 2 numbers... i know the last letter is [a] with the info you just provided