ML Imports UK

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by GT-ARR, Aug 22, 2018.

1. GT-ARR

GT-ARR Member

2. ali///art

ali///art Member

His prices are price to port. So add on top of that 10%Duty and 20%VAT and £90 port handling fees then whatever repairs or mods are needed to get though an MOT and prices are looking closer to normal.
    For example the JZX100 for £6250 landed.
    £8215 after Duty and VAT and port costs.
    Then £10 fog light
    £40 MOT
    £??? Repair costs(tyres wipers fluids at minimum for MOT)
    £55 first registration.
    Plus costs of collecting from port, fuel distance trailer hire etc...

Could creep towards a £9k car that has been purchased unseen, with no solid proof of previous life, the joys of private importing. Whereas if you buy a car already in this country its most likely seen our winter road conditions and rotted away in an instant. Or if you pay an import buisiness to import you a car and you buy it from them fully registered and road legal then at least you have consumer rights but the costs are higher as they add their man hours to the price.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. GT-ARR

GT-ARR Member

Wow man thank you very much for the perspective i believe most of people dont think on this when they think to import a car. Im not a UK citizen but everything you said fits what could be a future "head pain".
    I was asking because for importers on Europe seems a good deal because some of country's dont have a tight MOT requeriment so thats why i asked.
    He say's the prices to port are the same no matter the country i found that a little bit weird because i remember a good friend saying a years ago better to import to UK than drive it to Europe because the price of landing on Europe was absurd (depend on the country's i know).
    Thank very much ali for the help.

4. matthew_l

matthew_l Member

Out of pure curiosity I googled my company name to find a post on here :O

I'm going to send you a pm.

None of my cars are unseen, all of the cars sold are cars we currently own, which we have personally purchased, issues means risks and we dont purchase those.

We offer full inspection, compression tests etc on all vehicles along with as many pictures and videos you need.

Any issuss with a car I sell big or small are always fixed prior to advertising also :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rustyb

Rustyb Member

Had various things from ml imports, lights, various wheels, etc. Happily vouch for the place and will no doubt use again in future.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KillboSlaggins

KillboSlaggins Active Member

I've also heard good things recently about Matt, I'll hopefully be using ML's services for importing a budonoki wing sometime soon!

• Like Like x 2
  7. RozeTheHornet

RozeTheHornet Active Member

Couple friends of mine use Matt regularly, always a great service :D.

• Like Like x 2
  8. matthew_l

matthew_l Member

Thanks guys :)
    For anyone interested I regularly update posts here
    www.facebook.com/pg/MLImportsUK/posts/

• Like Like x 1