MST Tyre Range

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by BigJames, Apr 4, 2013.

1. BigJames

BigJames A.K.A Jay

We often get asked about our range of tyres, and since it's so vast I thought it would be a good idea to create a little guide on which type and compound suits which surface/ability level and how to identify them.
    So let's get cracking...

Arc Angle Tyres
    These are generally a beginner tyre, and come in several compounds - and come with RTR and S spec chassis.

Great Angle Tyres
    These are a good intermediate tyre, with an angled edge that allows you to run bigger offset wheels and work well with negative camber.

Great Angle CS Tyres
    These are slower than the Great Angle tyres, and a great for tighter twinning.

GA26 Tyres
    These are our Pro tyres, with the hard compound (silver dot) being the very best carpet tyre we have come across. These are identified by the "MAX SPEED TECHNOLOGY" marking on the side wall.

2. jdm-ego

jdm-ego Member

Excuse me for sounding dumb, but i dont understand how a tyre can be 'slower'

3. sierrasteve

sierrasteve Member

Just ordered some of GA26 super hard tyres, cant wait to have a go with them.

4. BigJames

BigJames A.K.A Jay

Different compounds have different grip levels. Less grip = slower but it's not as simple as just saying they have less grip. It's about matching settings to the surface so you still have grip in the corners when needed.