My BMW scared but not through dirfting

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by SidewaysRob, Dec 5, 2005.

1. SidewaysRob

SidewaysRob Member

I'm not usually age'ist, but I might start!

Whilst my car was parked down a close of 4 houses, some old lady reversed into it.
    When I got back to my car I noticed that the fog light was dragging on the ground, and my head light cluster has been pushed back. On closer inspection I noticed some dark green paint. Looking around the close, there is a Peugeot 106 with matching paint, and damage to the rear bumper.

So I knock on the door, and ask if anyone has been out in that car and had an accident, to which the old lady says no. So I repeat myself showing her the damage to my car with her paint marks on it, and the damage on her car with my paint on it, and she finally ownes up to it.

The quote for repairs is £470, which is nearly a right-off for my car. What more annoying is the fact that the hire car is probably going to be a scrabble wheel drive car, that will be boring as hell to drive.

With the damage to her car running at a similiar amount, she's managed a thousand pounds worth of damage whilst reversing down a close thats no more than 50 yards long. Perhaps its time that she gave up her license.

Rant over

2. Mr Doricar

Mr Doricar JDM Loose yo

You should have mentioned that the Involuntary Euthanasia Patrol is on the next street down and you'll go get them unless she coughs up the cash!

3. ilogik

ilogik Cant drift, wont drift

holy shit she must of hit you with some force, what needs doing?

4. Johnathan

Johnathan Member

I like how your more bothered about the FWD hire car ...

I know a few old people who should not be driving still, but thats just how it is at the moment. They dont think their reactions are slower, and still think they are good to go ... then cause damage ...

its not all of them though, but they are out there ... sorry to hear about that!

5. TaxiDori

TaxiDori BEER CLINCH

theres far too many people out there who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a moving car on the road. I swear i'm gonna get a friggin pajero or someting with bull bars and ram and dip shit (old or young) off the road if they shouldn't be there.

is she paying then?

6. Adam H

Adam H Member

Some old guy customer at my work with a 5 series used to have a set of 18" wheels and tyre every 1-2 months due to major kerb damage and drove em flat till the sidewalls split :D :thumbs:

7. SidewaysRob

SidewaysRob Member

Front Bumper is hanging an inch low on 1 side, light cluster pushed back a couple of inches and broken the plastic surround. The Fog light is smashed, bumper, wing and bonnet all slightly scratched up.

What was funny though was that she almost tried to blame it on me :confused:
    She reckons that most people (we're talking a car or two a fortnight) park on the other side of the close, and so she wasn't expecting anything to be there. I guess that means that she thought it wouldn't matter if she didn't use her mirrors properly.

Ho hum, at least the insurance company are being excellent (Tesco :euge: ), although I don't have complimentary car cover, they are going to provide a hire car, and charge it to her insurance :D

8. daveyboy

daveyboy S13 For Sale

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Yeah, me too, when it happened to me in August, mine was a mundano disease-al. :euge:

Nice one for doing the research and getting someone to admit to it, it pays off for sure, I'd have been £1k out of pocket or lost my NCB if I hadn't found the scummer that did mine. :no: