My C33 Laurel Project

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by RaarBee, Jan 9, 2011.

1. RaarBee

RaarBee New Member

Thought i would start a project thread to show what im up to, car is in a few bits at the moment.

Im mainlly focusing on the suspension and breaks at the moment, heres what ive got so far
    5 stud and gtst m spec breaks, will be getting rotors machined soon and new pads, you can also see my new sway bar in with new nolathane bushes, sway bar is kei office, sprayed it black as i wasnt a fan of purple, also my BC Gold adjustable struts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heres a bit of a crappy pic of my rear subframe i have painted up with kei office swaybar and nolathane bushes, R200 LSD Shimmed up nice n tight, will be getting some adjustable camber and toe arms soon once i save some more $$$
    [​IMG]
    Heres the car on stands not much to see, have a URAS kit for it not sure if il run it or not, got it cheap so not to worred, it needs a bit of work few cracks ect. I will be painting the body a dark olive green similer to the factory colour some laurels come with. Body is pritty strait had a donor car i got some parts of as you can see the door and boot are different colour. Havnt found any rust yet apart from top corner of front gaurd, the bolt had rusted in and when i went to unbolt the guard it desided to break so have to drill it out and re tap it, not a major though.
    [​IMG]
    No engine yet will be stripping al this out and tidying it up, will be running a RB25det
    [​IMG]
    Dash out giving all the wiring a tidy up and makes it easier to get the break booster out to swap it over with the m spec one, and put the clutch pedal in, bit of a mess at the moment but its getting there
    [​IMG]

Thats pritty much all for now will try and keep this updated, hoping to have it going by around May all going to plan. [​IMG]

2. SaqsAE86

SaqsAE86 Guest

sweeet gona watch this one ;)

3. Speedy wim

Speedy wim Member

Great projekt !!
    Hope to see it one day in a great drift.

How much K is your BC coilovers (10 ???)

4. RaarBee

RaarBee New Member

Hopefully it should be going in a couple of months depending on funds :smokin: Cant wait to hit some drift days :thumbs:

BCs cost me about $1400 NZ$

5. RaarBee

RaarBee New Member

Bit of a boring update, its now sitting back down on the ground for the first time in about 4 months, got some cheap wheels of trade me, will do the job to push it around and will use them as my skid wheels for drift and drag days [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also some exciting news bought a RB25det with loom and ecu so cant wait to pick that up and start putting it in [​IMG]

6. RaarBee

RaarBee New Member

Another small update, went down to ashburton today gave the laurel a bit of a water blast, engine bay come up mint, will have to start stripping everything out and get it ready for paint before the engine goes in.
    Went from this
    [​IMG]
    To this!
    [​IMG]
    Also while the car was outside i thought i would see what the kit would look like, heres a pic of it sitting on the car, i have the back aswell just couldnt be bothered taking rear bumper of.
    [​IMG]
    What do you think, should i keep the kit or ditch it, needs a lot of fixing up

7. Gazelle

Gazelle Well-Known Member

Ditch the kit...C33's look better stock :nod:

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. RaarBee

RaarBee New Member

Havnt updated this for a while, here are some pics finally got the rb25det in, and a couple of pics with out the kit on.
    Finally got it in my own garage last weekend so should beable to start making some good progress, will get this updated :smokin:
    Will be getting some wheel spacers, new tyres, drive shaft loop for cert, and a gaurd roller, this week so should have a bit to do this weekend, get it looking a bit better :thumbs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Gazelle

Gazelle Well-Known Member

Is that a vinyl roof?

10. RaarBee

RaarBee New Member

Nah the previous owner decided to paint it that colour, here are a couple of updated pics, its all road legal now and have sanded the roof back just need to paint it now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. blazingburger

blazingburger Member

Fucking awesome!
    Would give my left nut for a c33, and the kit looks cool as fudge in my opinion.

12. RaarBee

RaarBee New Member

Cheers mate, pritty happy with how it is coming along, just need a front kit for it now and paint it

13. supernova-dw

supernova-dw Active Member

Looking very cool! Keep us updated, very nice car!!!

14. Tertil

Tertil Member

Man, I never thought I would see this car again, what were the chances I would just so happen to come across it randomly on the net a year after it was sold

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lock that shit up tight and have it insured mate, the thieves that stole it from my mate didn't leave much of it for us to salvage back in the day. Good to see it's gone to a good home though!

15. RaarBee

RaarBee New Member

Cheers mate, yea its came along way since i bought it off you lol. Yeah its locked up pritty tight and insured so hopefully be all good, there seems to be a lot of cars getting taken these days though

16. RaarBee

RaarBee New Member

Couple of random snaps i took tonight
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Laurence B

Laurence B Member

Looks good in those last 2 pics!

18. the stig

the stig Active Member

now thats a tidy looking laurel!!

hmm maybe my laurel tow car needs a rb motor :)

19. 7evil

7evil Member

great job!

20. Jdm All Star

Jdm All Star Member

love it :D dont see enough of these around, shame really :(