My R32 GTS-T daily driver. RB20, big turbo, big power, but small budget.

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Stavros, Oct 26, 2012.

1. docwra

docwra Active Member

So we arent ever going to find out why its a better design and why OEM's and aftermarket companies still bother with blob manifolds then? Oh well, fun while it lasted.

In future we should just accept everything we are told is all we need to know, forgo understanding and never ask questions, right?

2. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

i wouldnt bother mate, if you agree with stav you know what your talking about. if you ask questions about what hes done your a c*nt. ive given up worrying about this now as we clearly are never going to find out why its been made the way it has, and ive come to the conclusion its because they don't have a clue either. and i dont see any proof to believe otherwise.

3. MC2

MC2 Active Member

Stav, when its all finished and up and running, let ME know how it went.......hate to think I read all this with no outcome!

4. Lucky 86

Lucky 86 Member

Nice looking r32.

5. xCalluumm

xCalluumm Member

any updates on your manifold?

#225 xCalluumm, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  6. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Skyline is back. Not been mapped but yet but can still see 5psi by 2500rpm with a single scroll 600bhp turbo on a 2ltr engine. Does that mean the inlet manifold works then? I reckon it does.

Can talk, and troll, and theorise, and make out you clever all the fuck you like behind your computer screens on a internet forum, frankly I don't care, as my totally unscientific real world results tells me it works, and my car drives better, and that's all I give a shit about.

7. steveep82

steveep82 Member

You copied a good design that had been extensively calculated with fluid dynamics theory. You have done the right thing in terms of that but don't put it all down to good luck and trial and error. Also yes you have vastly improved the inlet design of the engine but by not doing calculations the only thing you haven't done is optimise it.

8. Supra Gaz

Supra Gaz Member

Sounds really impressive, I'm in for pics of the bay, after a map, what sort of power figure are you looking at?

9. gibbo s14

gibbo s14 the yarco

sounding good to me. get it mapped so can see the out come on this .

10. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

Thread title change needed, not as simple as whacking a large turbo on an RB20 no more. Think the small budget might not exist either ;)

11. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

It was? Detailed engineer drawings done, and that's a damn sight more than pretty much every road car inlet ever normally has.

Here, full size too...
    [​IMG]

After showing the completed inlet to a certain race engine builder (i mean silly high end, never touches road cars) it seems we probably over thought it and the range of 'optimal' was a bit wider than was worth us worrying about.

Supra- not aiming for any more power than it already was, it was fine

200Sx- still costs very little for the result, far less than most builds on here, pistons were only 300odd quid etc.

Still not bothering updating this thread properly anymore, cba

#231 Stavros, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  12. Mpig

Mpig Member

Well i enjoyed reading the first few pages, how is the car getting on now?

13. woods1

woods1 Active Member

But your still posting to give your view of how amazing your views are and telling us your progress on the car with pictures of drawings..........

14. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

And smarmy pricks like you is why I (and tbh almost nobody anymore) bothers much posting build stuff on here.

15. Funkmeister'89

Stav, i love the car and it gives me a shit load of inspiration for my 32 build.
    To be honest I feel the same. I've been a regular on this forum since 2009 and 2013 is the worst it's ever been for members attitude.
    I started my latest r32 project on here too recently but before I get into it heavily I think I'd take it somewhere where it's appreciated a bit more.

Yea there are alot of knowledgable people on here but quite frankly most are a bit more "know it all"

One of my friends who is a moderator of Skyline owners suggested I go there and everything I posted got mad respect and appreciation so that's where I'm staying.

Stav, may I also suggest the same to you?

James

16. woods1

woods1 Active Member

hahahahaha

And as long as you react like that and respond the way you do whenever any1 questions you or dares to have another opinion then users will take the piss and it work because its obvs winds you up. Get off your high horse and have a joke lol, its a forum, what do you expect?

17. docwra

docwra Active Member

Weird how its only Stavs threads that get "affected" like this as well.

18. Papercutout

Papercutout Active Member

He is oversensitive, but there's no need to chuck petrol on the fire is there? That comment was unneeded. (and yes, I've read the pages of arguements prior to this, and I feel Stav takes things far too personally, and doesn't always answer questions etc, but that's just how he is).

Stav, please continue posting progress, a lot of us are interested. If you cannot explain WHY that intake is better, just admit it, and say 'it works better, but I admit, I don't understand why, some complicated engineering malarky...'
    Keep up the good work on your projects though :D

19. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

really ?!

are you kidding me, if there is the slightest hint of something people dont like the bandwagon gets started up !

20. docwra

docwra Active Member

Youre probably right TBH, but its a point, Ive not seen anyone else calling people smarmy pricks on their build threads the same way no-one is trolling or trying to big themselves up here.

Sorry, Im not trying to wind anything up, as per however many pages of previous comment Im just interested.