My R32 GTS-T daily driver. RB20, big turbo, big power, but small budget.

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Stavros, Oct 26, 2012.

1. woods1

woods1 Active Member

2. D.I.Y Drifter

D.I.Y Drifter Member

Pm'd you Stav, can you give me a reply please, cheers pal.

3. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

Shit to see the last few pages turned abit crazy with randomness/spam/shit

Its been a good few years since I have done any work with CFD, or any thing related, but im tempted to knock up 2 designs for comparison based roughly on stock, and on a WRC spec.

Id be tempted to see what would happen Good on you for doing it.

The CFD pictures banded around a few pages a go – was that just an example or was that what Thomas did for this model? Id be interested to know –looks like it was some basic through flow test, its hard to get a accurate reading though even the best Simulation programs. There are so many variables, If it was me (and what I probably will do for comparison if I get around to doing it would be crude, but to model each inlet blocked, only allowing flow though them individually. Depending on how cleaver your model is you might even be able to control the kind of aperture which might give you some more info. Ive not read any books, or any form of expert in manifold design, but much like yourself id give it a go. Maybe oneday ill be in the position to run spare engine. And build some crazy stuff, but at the moment reliability is my main priority!

4. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

470bhp and 400lb/ft. Not shy for just 1.6bar on a 2ltr with a stroke about the same as a tiny little Smart Fourtwo engine.

5. retro-ed

retro-ed Flicks 'n' Kicks

Fucking awesome.

Good work, this is my kind of machine!

6. Simon Skyline

Simon Skyline Member

Just skipped the last few pages as I got borred of going round in circles, so I hope I don't repeat anything already said. Never seen a BUILD thread with so many tech arguements :mad:

Any updates or pictures of the build? I for one would like to see some progress & enjoy seeing something different every now & again :nod::nod::nod:

... providing your not sick of this thread yet lol :p

Oh yeah BTW, where did you get the gold tape/stuff from & how easy is it to aply mate? :cool:

7. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

post up the print out from the mapping, id be very interested to see where the power is and what the power curve looks like compared to mine, especially with 70bhp more than i had with only 0.1 bar more boost

8. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

If you wasn't the person doing most the bitching on this thread maybe I'd take any notice lol

9. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

fair enough, still on the defensive i see. was just interested where 70bhp extra came from and where abouts in the revs it is.

10. supernova-dw

supernova-dw Active Member

470bhp, you would have had 500 if it were not for your crazy inlet manifold :p Ha ha ha, only joking.

Sounds like very good results to be honest, I cannot comment on the inlet manifold as I don't want to cause anymore bitching between everyone and also because I don't know enough about it to comment... Post some pics up if you have them please :thumbs:

11. Mr.Worth

Mr.Worth Animal interferer

The extra 70bhp is from that inlet manifold, simples innit.

12. Gazelle

Gazelle Well-Known Member

Nice power...Rb20's sound wicked.

Looking foward to hearing this!!!

13. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Not doing as you want after you acting like a total internet forum dick isn't defensive. And same as everything else on this forum you'll just use it as something to bitch about and try n sound clever.

For anyone who cares though...

Makes 400 by 5250, runs fairly flat at 470ish from 6.5 till 8k. Decent power is all 4k plus, but makes same torque as a non turbo version by just over 3k instead of 5.5ish like a DE as its already making some boost by then.

Torque and low down power is never gonna be good as with 69mm stroke its less than almost any production 1ltr, more like 600cc kei car stroke, but then again most 2ltrs take more like 2bar to make 400lbft so good in that way.

Stock coils are limiting boost, no det so he wanted to do more, but was missing, so wold need splitfires. Greg reckoned set of mild cams like Poncams would massively increase power right from down low at this level.

Had to bin off Nistune as AFM couldn't handle the fact it was making so much boost (airflow) on such a big turbo so easily. Full boost even at part throttle at high rpm was making it drive shit with AFM, even when putting the AFM on a 6ft hose hanging out the bonnet.
    On MAP sensor it now drives like a dream.

#293 Stavros, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2013
  14. milez

milez Active Member

what management you running now on it dude?

15. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

16. Clive

Clive Active Member

Pro gold or a wank piggy back?

17. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

FYI Clive- FCon V Pro is piggyback. They all are.

18. Clive

Clive Active Member

Fair one.

So its the basic one then?

19. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

No.

Can't remember which one tbh as i just let Greg sort it, but its way beyond Nistune and PFC etc etc everyone uses, so wouldn't call it basic, hence why it was an upgrade for the Nistune that couldn't cope.

Edit- just had a look, its F Con Pro V silver. The one they made before gold.

Greg can actually make Fcons work without the original ECU as they don't just modify the stock ECU signals like most think of when something is a piggyback, but needs a modified loom so didn't bother.

#299 Stavros, Jun 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2013
  20. Clive

Clive Active Member

Rightoooo.