My S13 Project

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Aidan s13, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Aidan s13

Aidan s13 Member

Big update!!

Right I haven't updated this thread in just over 3 years :euge: I've still got the s13 and it has come a long way since so have I...
    Hope your all good, I'll give you a current spec list of the 13 :nod:
    T28 s14 turbo
    Stage 2 Horsham developments ecu
    Front mount
    Jp performance exhaust turbo back
    Mishimoto radiator :dw:
    Circuit sports expansion tank
    Brand new oe water pump and gates t/belt + aux belts
    Front and rear strut braces
    Poly bushed rear subframe
    Apex coil overs
    Walbro fuel pump
    Painted interior white
    Baggsy's bucket seat from his s13 which I won in a competition
    Cobra green harnesses
    Bride super low seat rail
    Boost pressure ,oil pressure gauges
    Momo steering wheel
    Jimmy up handbrake button :p
    Origin side skirts
    Volk wheels on the front :smokin: wrapped in a pair of Yokohama AD08r's
    Excedy clutch
    Earls braided oil and water turbo lines
    Good ridge braided brake lines (not fitted yet)
    Autobahn88 radiator hoses.

That's it off the top of my head, I'm going to keep this thread updated from now on.
    I stopped updating the thread due to college which Is all done now I studied level 3 in Motorsport technology all went well for 2 years really enjoyed it now I'm a vehicle technician (mechanic ;) ) where ive been for the last 4 years.

I done my first drift day in my dads s14 you may have seen at the start of this not so long thread that has come along way too but I'll let the photos do the talking, it went really well and had a lot of really good comments from people saying that i was a natural ( I think it comes from being a passenger in drift cars for so long ).

I really enjoyed it and learnt so much in 1/2 a day (sharing car with my dad) got me Evan more eager to get mine finished and to the track.

Got the hang of the figure of 8 play pen at pod on my first outing
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got told I could move on the the mini track by lex
    So a quick wheel change and I lined up for the mini track

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Practised on that for the rest of the day, one of the marshals said to my dad to let me go on the big track because I was getting really constant on the mini track but my dad didn't trust me enough ; )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had the time of my life that day thanks to my dad, I don't think i stopped thinking/talking about it for about 2 weeks.

2. Aidan s13

Aidan s13 Member

A little clip of me at DWYB
    https://instagram.com/p/0sypsajBMZ/

When I got home that night I started ordering parts for the 13 to get it ready for its first drift day so when they arrived I got my mate Danny to drop my car off at my work on his truck and I fitted the new:
    Gates timing belt kit
    Gates auxiliary belts
    genuine Nissan water pump
    Mishimoto radiator
    Circuit sports overflow tank
    Autobahn88 rad hoses
    After all that was fitted I had a manifold blow and it was the cheap Chinese tubular manifold I put on it didn't fit right and was blowing since the day I fitted it so I threw that away and out the standard cast manifold back on but fitted my new earls braided turbo lines on ( they are a work of art).

[​IMG]

All the bits fitted up

[​IMG]

Also did an oil and filter change, ordered up some fuchs Titan pro s 10w 60 direct from opie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got the car booked in at garage d for an alignment set up and a pair of the new Yokohama ad08R I went for 215/45/17 because the new tyres have quite a thick sidewall and the 225 would of touched (advised by garage d ).
    They said it aligned up excellent for having standard arms all Round and also complimented on how clean the car was and that it is one of the cleanest they have seen in quite some time which made me happy.

When I got the car back home I booked my first outing in the 13 at arena Essex for the week after.
    practise came round got the car there went out for my first run just to get a feel of the car, was coming down the straight and the boost pipe popped off so came into the pits fitted it back on and it happened again on my next session right towards the end so I got a new jubilee clip and it cured it for the night.

Had such an awesome time got the hang of the car straight away

[​IMG]

Got sent some awesome shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loved the car adjusted a few bits to it while I was there like soften the rear coil overs adjust pressures ect got it feeling awesome, took it home looking sorry for its self all dirty.

[​IMG]

Gave it a clean (my daily micra)
    [​IMG]

Decided I was going to enter king of the ring (Kotr) which is for those of you that don't know a competition at arena Essex, my friend Danny took my car as well as his own, when we arrived I found out that hey we're going to run the track In reverse, which I had never done.

[​IMG]

The track felt so much faster/gripper going backwards and if I'm honest enjoyed it more.

Qualifying came up I put In one solid run and span on my 2nd, wasn't enough for the top 32 so went a watched the rest of the competition.

[​IMG]

3. Aidan s13

Aidan s13 Member

Big update part 3

26/9/15
    Next up was BMW show at santa pod, My friend Danny Grundy was doing passenger rides in his king of the ring e36 drift car i went up and helped him with the car for the day, had a wicked day many many tyres burnt :smokin: and literally non stop passenger rides, when coming into the pit for a new set it was like a formula 1 pit stop :smash: he had people queing up just to have a passenger ride with him which was awesome.

At the end of the day Lex said that i could have a play and Danny agreed so had a little blast and the car felt awesome, second time being allowed to drive the car.

3/10/15 king of the ring (KOTR) was just 1 week away and i didnt have much to do to the car apart from tart it up abit so i started putting on some of the stickers that i had been collecting from all over the world.

[​IMG]

they looked amazing on the car and tottaly transformed it i had been collecting those stickers for a few years.

i also put some LED side light bulbs in but that was pretty much it apart from a quick once over.

king of the ring arrived, got there at 10 when the gates opened, unloaded the car, let her warm up.

[​IMG]

went out for mty first run of the day and knocked over the plastic barrier on the first run (only knocked my number plate off no biggy).
    after that session was over i noticed the track was really really slippery so i adjusted the tyre pressures and went back out car felt awesome and started twinning with a few pals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    James Fuller (super pro BDC driver) ^^^

[​IMG]

had an awesome time in open practice but the time came for qualifying, i felt ready the car was feeling awesome all day so i went out and did my 2 qualifying run, 1st run i put in a safe run and the 2nd i gave it my best.

after my qualifying run i went back to the pits for something to eat and wait for the results to be released.
    i qualifyed 31st for only my 3rd time driving the car which i was chuffed about.

i got put up Against James Fuller in his left hand drive e36 :cry: :mad: i knew i had to give it my best.

[​IMG]

i took him too a one more time but then i span on my lead run leaving James no where to go and him hitting me just bent my wing in a little bit but the door would not open fully.
    i was abit pissed off with my self for spinning which i think caused me to spin on my follow too,

that was the end to my night i was over the moon that i had Evan qualified but to go against a super pro BDC driver and take him too a one more time just topped it off, i wasn't worried about the damage.

my friend Danny grabbed 3rd place which was awesome.

4/10/15 got up the next day to inspect the car in the daylight and it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be just dented and scratched a little bit.

[​IMG]

spent abit of time bending it back out and getting the gap sorted out gave it a quick t-cut and it ended up like this.

[​IMG]

this brings you up to date with my build i have a few things i want to do with the s13 before the king of the ring Christmas special but i will keep this updated.

going to collect a lock kit from Ian Waddington at wand wizard tonight ;) :wave:

4. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Looking good bud! Can't wait to see more pictures.

5. essexcapri25

essexcapri25 Member

saw this at kotr its gorgoues mate, will it be ready for the christmas one?

6. Aidan s13

Aidan s13 Member

Cheers will!

7. Aidan s13

Aidan s13 Member

Thanks dude, yeah I'm hoping it's going to be ready lol I'll keep you updated lol.

8. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member