NA6CE Roadster number 2.

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by m11ler, Jan 2, 2016.

1. TheHouse

TheHouse Member

You're a person with a car.
    I like your car you person.

Congratulation.
    Alfie

2. m11ler

m11ler Member

Strongflex UK

Buddyclub P1's

Thank

3. m11ler

m11ler Member

Not 100% sure where i'm up to with this.

I've got new tyres on those 8x13's that i bought but i've decided to not run them up front, so i'm just going to use them as a pair of skid wheels.

Cusco cage in.

Harness bar and harness in.

GV splitter destroyed at last so not running a splitter at the moment but will get a OEM one after Pembrey drift weekend.

(I know the plate is blanked in some photos and not others, those are just the ones i post on our 'team fb page')

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#23 m11ler, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  4. Joss

Joss Member

So sick makes me want another [emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. m11ler

m11ler Member

Haha it still might happen. I went back to one from a Nissan!

6. Joss

Joss Member

I've considered it when the time comes to be a grown up and buy somewhere to live, or inevitably crash the R34 [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. m11ler

m11ler Member

Took it for it's first proper drift day the other weekend. We all headed to South Wales for the Drift-Inc weekender.

Had a bit of a mare Friday night, (as I always seem to before driving any kind of serious distance)..

[​IMG]

A stone flicked up in to the engine bay and broke a little L shaped metal bracket that a small water pipe went on to, and as i parked up at my parents house i noticed the fluid on it's way down the hill.

Was an easy fix though, my pal Alf jumped straight in and sorted it while i loaded the van up.

We stayed at a Premier Inn Friday night, considering we didn't arrive there until around 2am, and got a quick sleep in courtesy of Lenny, and met up with the other lads at Pembrey Circuit around 8am.

[​IMG]

You can't say we weren't prepared...

[​IMG]

Unfortunately had a bit of an overheat after the first session. We assumed we didn't bleed the system properly Friday night, so we let it bleed properly, removed the thermostat, and i wired my AC fan to work on the switch (which i meant to do ages ago..)

My pal Jake doing the rad cap honours.
    [​IMG]

Car was absolutely fine for the rest of the weekend, and managed to spend Saturday learning the track and mostly just enjoying the atmosphere with the lads.

[​IMG]

8. m11ler

m11ler Member

Had a bit of an incident Saturday afternoon, when a tyre went bang as i was exiting one of the larger corners up against the tyre wall. Of course this slapped me in to the wall and broke the bumper bar brackets and dented the rear quarter, so unfortunately i spent the rest of the weekend with no bumper.. i know it's ugly. (It's back on now i'm home though!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On Sunday we were all in much more of a 'get loads of seat time' mood, so i pretty much drove all day, and they reversed the circuit Sunday afternoon which was pretty sick.

Overall a sick weekend, and we'll definitely be back for the next weekender. Probably one of the best atmospheres at a drift event i've driven at.

I want to make some improvements to the car, i felt like i had a lot of rear end grip due to the minimal camber and general pretty good set up, but the front was really lacking, which made the car very strange to drift.

Lots of rear grip, minimal front grip and no power makes things a little weird. So i'm going to grab some proper front tyres rather than the mix match part worns i have on it now, and get it aligned as well. (Everything is always done by eye with me ha)

Anyway here are some more random photos of mediocre things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. m11ler

m11ler Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*most of the photos taken were not by me, so cheers photo takerers*