Need 6 drifters/cars for a film shoot

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by supercar, Mar 7, 2019.

1. supercar

supercar New Member

Hi,

Been told to come on here by some friends as we have a film shoot happening on the 13th.

The brief is 6 drift cars to be doing donuts and similar in the background of video.
    This is at an aerodrome and the cars/drivers will be needed for 12 hours on that day.

I hope this is ok to post and if anyone is available for this, i'd love to chat with you about it.
    (We also need two dirt bikes if anyone knows of some people)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. jay-young

jay-young Active Member

I'd recommend giving a general location in the post.

3. supercar

supercar New Member

Sorry, Dunsfold.

4. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

and probably how much you're willing to pay the drivers for doing this.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Blitz.

Blitz. Member

I think I read on the Garage D website they have actually done a few shoots before so it might be worth talking with them directly.

I personally have a few red flags going off.

So you've not mentioned any compensation. So you'd want 6 or so people to turn up possibly for free to do a shoot for 12 hours. So fuel, tires, food and pay for 12 hours of work? I know I'd want something.

Can we know which production company is doing the shoot? It would be useful to know what experience they have with outside talent on a shoot. Also I'd want to avoid doing work for some sketchy outfit.

6. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

and make sure they are properly insured for this shoot, you don't want some total ringpiece turning up and flying straight into the side of your car because he doesn't have the first clue what he's doing.

7. Blitz.

Blitz. Member

I was going to bring up insurance too but as I was typing what I had wrote kinda come off as "hater"-ish and by no means do I want that do be my message. If this is all legit is could be fun for the right person.

So in regards to insurance for the shoot itself as an example will I be covered if say the lighting guy drops something on my car or myself? Those lights are fucking heavy. Also for anyone thinking of just going keep in mind your typical car policy will have a note about how it cant be used for work unless you've asked for that. So if shit does hit the fan and it's looking like you might have to make a claim if the insurer finds out you've been doing something classed as work (and this would be) you'll be in a bad spot.