Need some unsalted opinions - Spare Me 5 in 1 Rescue Tool

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Alex .E, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Alex .E

Alex .E Member

Hi everyone,

I am doing some market research and I looking for some honest feedback. I'd figure this would be a good place to ask.

If you could spare a minute to check this product out and let me know what you think and if it has added value or not.

General sales pitch:

The spare me 5 in 1 is one heavy-duty auto emergency tool that can help with five tough jobs without taking up a lot of space. It’s a shovel, scraper, lever, and traction & leverage aid pared down into a single slim design that weighs only 425 grams. But this Made in the USA tool isn’t a lightweight in its ability, thanks to durable nylon resin.
    Stow one in the boot and you’ve got an extra hand to help with brushing off the car, changing a tire and more.

you can find more info below

http://roughsuperior.com/spare-me

81cnl-skDLL._SL1500_.

3ba9a34f-8c61-485e-9e54-7c40e324f662.

Thanks!

2. Saddened

Saddened Member

It is too long. It essentially means you have to keep it in your trunk, flying around. If it was more compact in size you could store it in the glove compartment or somewhere with your spare tyre.
    I like the thought of having a shovel, but at the same time I can't remember ever needing one this size. I needed a good sized one and a tractor to pull my truck out of a ditch and this one would not help. Ice scrapers are everywhere for cheap and rather flat and small, they aren't high quality though.
    As for the leverage, cool option, not something one needs often because people don't change their tyres anymore. Actual study for Germany is that a driver has a puncture every 7 years on average. And that very few people know how to change a tyre and even less would actually do it if they had a puncture. Not to mention modern cars here don't come with a spare wheel and tools. Only the compressor and foam set.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

It's 6 in 1 - It can also be used as a self defence tool ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tripp

Tripp Member

This is the kind of thing I'd have if I still had a Land Rover. I used to drive around with tow ropes, jacks etc in case other drivers needed a hand. The amount of times I've had to push FWD cars off mud in Cornwall is enough to make me see the use. It would be easy to attach it to a bracket on say the boot door or bulkhead. I don't think I'd keep it in my 180sx, but I'd be more inclined to tuck it away in my impreza wagon

• Like Like x 1
  5. Alex .E

Alex .E Member

Good to hear some different opinions! it's really helpful to get some better insight.

This one will definitely beat any cheap ice scraper any day. It's designed and built for American winters.
    It does have a more offroad feeling to it as it would really shine in those conditions.

@mad.matt
    Yes, it could definitely be used as a self-defense tool, it would be rather effective at it too!
    I don't know if it would be a good marketing point though :p

The first ones are arriving at Amazon, so fingers crossed!

Thanks so far! hopefully, more people will offer their opinion!