Need To Borrow an MX5

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by E4ordy, Jul 25, 2016.

1. E4ordy

E4ordy New Member

Bit of a soppy one but just wondering if anyone can help, basically I'm wanting to propose to my girlfriend and my idea is to pick her up in an MK1 mx5 as this was the car I had when we first met and always went for drives and have really fond memories, I had to get rid of the car as we got pregnant and cant fit 3 in a mx5, so wanting to borrow a car for evening to pick her up take her to a place where we used to go and propose, trying to organise a drone to help film as was going to make a bit of a movie, anyway i'm located in Sheffield and if anyone has any lead or would be willing to help I can offer money or have some rare bits left from my mazda including a genuine mazda front lip, Thanks in Advance Elliot

2. Ikeaaxel

Ikeaaxel Member

have you tried the mx5nuts forum? probably get more luck on their unless you specifically want one with a welded diff and lots of battle scars :p

3. Ed

Ed Anti-Dibs

There is an MX5 Sheffield page on wastebook, that is probably your best bet considering your location.

Plus, I bought my MX5 the day my daughter was born. Literally while my wife was still in hospital.

And, FYI, don't get married. Honestly, just don't do it.

4. Lucasdemoley

Lucasdemoley Member

As ED said, don't get married! But if your still insistent....

Does it have to be a Mk1? You could look at hiring a car for a couple of days or, depending on your game, speak to your local mazda dealership, see if they have one for test drive and see if you can get an afternoon with it and do the above on the test drive (I've had 3 day test drives but may be different as im a company car driver), or just be straight with them, tell them what you are planning and they may loan you the car for it as they may see it as a good PR exercise.