New FD Project

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Scooby J, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Beezy

Beezy Pimp slider!

good work man!

N/A Triple rotors sound great!!!!!!! keep it up!

2. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

Will be dropping it in as a twin to get it up and running then evaluate the options.

3. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

P2030052.

P2030053.

We're almost there. The only issue is the steering shaft. Will mod that accordingly.

4. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

Bit of an update,

We have lost the turbos for now will be going N/A for a short period. Bit of the lump in place, chucked in some Greddy pullies and gave it a clean.

P2060065.

P2060066.

Got the New Super Pro bush kit through today, will get them all in tomorrow if i get a chance.

P2070067.

5. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

Small update due to been very busy not have much time on the car,

Decided to make the most of the frontal area of the FD cut some extra holes in the front for more air flow. Then decided to work on an idea for the ducting for a more concernrated flow. Have finally got round to mountin the coils etc. Hopefully in a few weks the car will be rolling under its own power again.

P2090001.

This is pretty much just a mock up. If it proves to work realy well then i will get is molded in something a little lighter than the ally

P2090002.

P2090004.

P2110008.

P2110006.

P2110005.

6. royal

royal S1- F.T break!

Wow, great thread. Going to really go through it later at home!

7. Beezy

Beezy Pimp slider!

Mint!!! That 20b looks right at home there dude!

I recon you should keep it N/A ;)

8. Quail

Quail Drifted.com

Very very nice FD!!

9. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

Its becoming a possibility for the near future. I deal with knightsports alot and they current run a peripheral port 13B on 9.7:1 high compression rotors which is making 314.6 RWHP on an N/A set up. So i will more than likely be using their high comp rotors on my triple rotor which will easly make 360 RWHP on peripheral ports. However a T88H would look nice in there :nod:

10. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

WOWOWOWOWOWOW

This still ins't running but JESUS how long since updated!!!!

11. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

I have had NO time to work on this at all but still sticking with it. Firstly shes not N/A any more....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

Now with a street ported set up the GT4202 will make for some very nice horsepower.

This is another project that goes 2 steps in one direct and the a radical backflip into another. The issue when something sits for ages and you have the means to do it.

OK the middle part of the story before we get upto date. Not wanting to get invovled at this point in cutting the bulk head i decicded to mount the motor in the "stock" 13B position. Futher forward than wanted but i though it would be a better way of getting it running quicker.

So GT42 = need maniold.... Dam steering rack but i got around in in the end.
    Test fit of turbo

[​IMG]

mocked up manifold

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

Shes also now running a Mircotech LT12-S.

Now with the acquirement of a spray booth the body needed updating as it was wasn't what i wanted :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I liked the white but it was abit tooooo white so i set about blaking some trim pieces and a nice painted detail down the middle.... old skool racer inspired:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#113 Scooby J, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  14. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

Fuel cell was needed.......... Nothing off the shelf was the right shape so set about building my own... The only thing i don't have a pic of in the inside of the tank with the baffles... You get the idea. Will eventually be running twin external pumps as the tank has built in 1.75ltr pot underneither.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Floor mods... was one heavy peice of metal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#114 Scooby J, Apr 22, 2011
  15. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

I modified the engine mounts on the Hinsdon subframe to move the motor back as far as the stock bulk head would allow

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Other bits got a tweek, Took 2" off the high of the stock inlent manifold. This simply allow the bonnet to close. Stock fuel line got -6 fittings as they are plenty large enough inside for fuel flow. Unfinshed Pics of the porting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stock port on the right.

[​IMG]

#115 Scooby J, Apr 22, 2011
  16. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

This was how the car sat then for a long time.

Few more tweeks where done eventually, with the fuel cell in the boot there was alot of space to have some fun with the exhaust. But first the diffuser.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now the pipes,

mid pipe. I don't usually use the Magna flow boxs but i had it left over from another job so why the hell not.

[​IMG]

Rear mufflers

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#116 Scooby J, Apr 22, 2011
  17. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

Right now there is an issue with have an array of saws and cutting tools in a workshop. I was sitting on the floor of the workshop crossleged with a cup of tea. Front bumper off the car and a template for an intercooler and rad set up that i wanted to use. Next to me an air saw, 6" cut off wheel and battary resipricating saw. Sat there i was thing. That engine needs a dry sump. Then the engine could come down abot 3". Then i thougth well if its comming down it may aswell go back....

OOPS!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stock:

[​IMG]

Mine:

[​IMG]

#117 Scooby J, Apr 22, 2011
  18. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

Few more accessaries i came across:

Some Mazdaspeed LeMans. These are 2peice splits. I have spoken to image wheels who but all accounts can indeed step them from 17-18" and from 8J ft and 9J rr to 10J front and 12J rear. Thats for the wide body thats pending.

[​IMG]

Also got a more aero based wing. Could do with being wider but i'll sort that out after the widening,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This at the moment is how the car sits. I'm currently knocking ideas around on the old computer on designs. Thinking something Super GT inspired. We'll see.

#118 Scooby J, Apr 22, 2011
  19. drift-it

drift-it Member

This is a good thread mate. Car is looking sweet. How much was the whole kit for it..?

20. Scooby J

Scooby J Member

Cheers bud. I Can't remember now on the kit. I bought it before that yen/£ went really bad. I'm sure it would be far more costly now.