New Geomaster 3!

Thread in 'Driftworks Products & Enquiries' started by Starkey, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Starkey

Starkey Administrator
    Staff Member

GEO3SETPlates-666x309.

Order & further details in the Shop HERE

Geomaster 3 is officially in the house!… here

For the latest revision of the super popular Geomaster knuckle, we’ve collaborated with world-renowned suspension engineers Wisefab to create the ultimate combined drift & track drop knuckle set for Nissan S-Chassis.

The Geomaster 3 is the result of nearly two years of extensive research and development. Combining Wisefab’s incredible CAD-based design and manufacturing capabilities with Driftworks’ extensive experience with S-chassis Nissan suspension & geometry.

metalplate-666x444.

Geomaster 3 Front:

• Huge Steering Angle! (Improvements over the Geomaster 2!)
    • 45mm roll centre correction
    • Provisions for ABS sensors
    • Zinc + polyurethane coating
    We have tested these to the absolute limits of what is achievable while retaining a front anti roll bar. The fronts also now have a track / grip setting with an entirely separate lower arm and tie rod mount. This provides all of the roll centre benefits found in the drift setting while providing just a slight increase in steering speed over standard knuckles and ackerman settings for grip driving.

Geomaster 3 Rear:

• 50mm roll centre correction
    • All new spherical bearings in place of bushes for less camber and toe deflection and improved overall rigidity.
    • Dual brake caliper mounts
    • Zinc + polyurethane coating
    The new coating: We have chosen a zinc + polyurethane process, offering impressive durability, and vast improvements in corrosion resistance.

Geo3Front-666x666. Geo3Rear1-666x666.

Geo3FrontInstructionsJPEG.

Driftworks M.D. Phil Morrison said:

This collaboration is the first of it’s kind for us, but what better company to collaborate with when designing your new knuckle than Wisefab!
    I’ve personally been a big part of the R&D, and I’ve been testing prototypes in our S15 since March 2015. With two revisions since settling on the final manufacture design.
    I can honestly say that our relatively basic SR20 powered S15 is now incredible to drive on Geomaster3. There is so much feel, and the Geomaster3 + CS2 coilover combination inspires confidence even with the biggest of chucks.

Wisefab M.D. Ardo Kalda said:

We have been manufacturing drift kits for competition use for six years, and in that time have won all the championships around the world. We have been working with Driftworks for many years as one of the biggest distributors of Wisefab in the world. So the chance to create their new Geomaster was a big opportunity for us. Developing the product we took the full use of Driftworks knowledge about the S chassis, their understanding of what the customer actually wants and they also carried out the testing part. We are very pleased with the result, as the knuckles work great in both track and drift mode.

15167567_1826215967660861_1924189274722413407_o-666x444.

DSC8488-666x445.

#1 Starkey, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2017
  2. e_dale2000

e_dale2000 Member

can you still retain the drum hand brake setup on the rears?

will there be an R Body version made?

3. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

Drum handbrake, yes you can indeed. It's now located the right way up again so no need to swap parts over left to right.

R Body is very unlikely at this stage. We need to produce these in such large numbers to make it a viable product and based on what we've seen with the Geomaster 2, there just isn't the volume there in the R Body ones.

4. immy21

immy21 Member

I see the two different rod end locations which I guess is for steering speed and ackermann adjustment, what are the two different lower arm BJ locations for?

#4 immy21, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  5. sx-si

sx-si anti-copy parts

What calipers are the rears set for?
    Aka pair of uk s14 calipers or twin z32/r33 gtst with a drum setup

6. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison WholeLifeCrisis
    Staff Member

Drift and track mode.

7. PhilMorrison

Staff Member

They are the same fitment, so either as long as you use 2 of the same pairs as the discs are different.
    Z32 /R32 work great, but you need the drum for the handbrake which is a pain on an S14.

8. jano86

jano86 Member

Did You consider modifying the knuckle in order to handle some aftermarket cheaper alternative for the 5x114,3 hub?

9. PhilMorrison

Staff Member

We did, but because they are mostly fitted to cars that already have the correct wheel bearing, and we know it's strong, this was the best choice.

10. ali///art

ali///art Member

Did you play about with the front calipers? Place them to the rear of the hub for better weight distribution? Or just leave them hanging out front? Love how you have retained the use for grip like the 2's, good job.

11. PhilMorrison

Staff Member

No change to caliper mounts. It would make no perceptible difference.

Interesting that you've put it that way round. Geo 2's never had a grip mode. Just Drift. I know a lot of people successfully used them for grip, but it's not what they were designed for. This is a full dedicated mode for each use on the Geomaster 3's now.

12. ali///art

ali///art Member

Well I've been gripping for years on my geomaster 2's, and they have stood up to some serious abuse on my ring toy, will be grabbing a set of 3's for sure to test the difference for my new build.

13. tw22

tw22 Member

Any info on ackerman?

14. PhilMorrison

Staff Member

Sorry I missed your question. They have ackerman built in to the drift and more so the track settings.

15. TOMMO_RH9

TOMMO_RH9 Member

I know it says you have changed from a bushing to a solid mount to "reduce" camber and toe deflection...but am I right in assuming that these will retain the standard Nissan geometry angles for toe control? Trying to get an idea of a comparison vs the partsshopmax rear knuckles with the adjustable brackets where you could set neutral toe change under compression.

PS: If they do retain the standard nissan geometry of toe in under compression...was it a consideration to change it and if you decided against it what were the reasons?

cheers

16. Starkey

Starkey Administrator
    Staff Member

Good News everybody, the pallets of Geomasters have landed at Driftworks HQ

_DSC0940.

_DSC0949.

17. tw22

tw22 Member

What are the differences to V1 in geometrics?
    Is there less ackerman in the drift setup compared to V1?

18. Starkey

Starkey Administrator
    Staff Member

Front weight about the same
    Track setup: Geo3 has slighly quicker steering ratio, a bit less Ackermann, 13mm more drop, better bumpsteer for high caster
    Drift setup: Geo3 has much quicker steering ratio, a lot less Ackermann, more trail and self alignment torque, 18mm more drop

Rear Geo3 is 2 kilograms lighter per pair, has slightly less cambergain, more precise handling due to spherical joints. A few mm more drop.

19. tw22

tw22 Member

Thanks for the response.
    So this is compared to stock ones or to Geomasters V1?

Thanks

20. PhilMorrison

Staff Member

That is i comparison to Geomaster V1 & V2 :thumbs: